Обсуждение: definitions of regexp functions required

definitions of regexp functions required

От
Ehsan Haq
Дата:
Hi,
   I am using a relatively older version of Postgres and I need to use the following functions.
regexp_matches(), regexp_split_to_array(), and regexp_split_to_table() . Can anybody provide me the definitions of these functions.

Thanks in advance
Ehsan

Re: definitions of regexp functions required

От
"Albe Laurenz"
Ehsan Haq wrote:
>    I am using a relatively older version of Postgres and I
> need to use the following functions.
> regexp_matches(), regexp_split_to_array(), and
> regexp_split_to_table() . Can anybody provide me the
> definitions of these functions.

Do you mean the implementation?
That's here:
http://anoncvs.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql/src/backend/utils/adt/regexp.c

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Re: definitions of regexp functions required

От
Craig Ringer
Дата:
On 18/03/2010 8:13 PM, Ehsan Haq wrote:
> Hi,
> I am using a relatively older version of Postgres

What version exactly?

> and I need to use the
> following functions.
> regexp_matches(), |regexp_split_to_array()|, and
> |regexp_split_to_table()| . Can anybody provide me the definitions of
> these functions.

They're written in C. You can't simply "CREATE FUNCTION ..." them in an
older version of Pg.

You could possibly port them to an older version as an add-in module
(using pgxs to build it), then load them as C functions. I would be
reluctant to try that myself, though, since you'd just be throwing the
work away when you upgrade.

--
Craig Ringer