Обсуждение: AIX postgresql error

AIX postgresql error

От
"Vikram Patil"

Hello Guys,

     On AIX while starting postgresql server I got this error . But server starts up without any issues.

LOG:  could not bind IPv6 socket: Address already in use

HINT:  Is another postmaster already running on port 8432? If not, wait a few seconds and retry.

Could you please provide some input to avoid this warning / error ? Though its not harmful but its misleading

Thanks & Regards,

Vikram

Re: AIX postgresql error

От
"Albe Laurenz"
Дата:
Vikram Patil wrote:
>      On AIX while starting postgresql server I got this error
> . But server starts up without any issues.
>
> LOG:  could not bind IPv6 socket: Address already in use
>
> HINT:  Is another postmaster already running on port 8432? If
> not, wait a few seconds and retry.
>
> Could you please provide some input to avoid this warning /
> error ? Though its not harmful but its misleading

That should only be a problem if you want to use IPv6.

Can you connect to the server via network? If yes, then I wouldn't worry
about the message.

You can avoid the message by specifying an explicit IP address or
host name for the IPv4 connection in listen_addresses instead of "*".

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Re: AIX postgresql error

От
"Vikram Patil"
Дата:
Thanks Laurence for Reply.
I can actually connect to server using network. I am just trying to
avoid this warning.  Your solution for listen_address will work but I
want to keep it as "*" . Somehow it doesn't complain on any other *nix
Operation Systems.

Thanks & Regards,
Vikram

>      On AIX while starting postgresql server I got this error
> . But server starts up without any issues.
>
> LOG:  could not bind IPv6 socket: Address already in use
>
> HINT:  Is another postmaster already running on port 8432? If
> not, wait a few seconds and retry.
>
> Could you please provide some input to avoid this warning /
> error ? Though its not harmful but its misleading

That should only be a problem if you want to use IPv6.

Can you connect to the server via network? If yes, then I wouldn't worry
about the message.

You can avoid the message by specifying an explicit IP address or
host name for the IPv4 connection in listen_addresses instead of "*".

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Re: AIX postgresql error

От
"Albe Laurenz"
Дата:
Vikram Patil wrote:
> Thanks Laurence for Reply.
> I can actually connect to server using network. I am just trying to
> avoid this warning.  Your solution for listen_address will work but I
> want to keep it as "*" . Somehow it doesn't complain on any other *nix
> Operation Systems.

Probably IPv6 is set up correctly on the machines where you don't get an error.

You can unconfigure IPv6 on the AIX, then PostgreSQL won't try to
listen on IPv6 ports.

Ask the system administrators of the machine for help.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe