Обсуждение: Limit postgres user logins

Limit postgres user logins

От
gvim
My hba file has:

local   all         postgres                                    md5
host    all         admin         127.0.0.1/32          md5
host    all         dbuser        127.0.0.1/32          md5

But that still allows users other than postgres to attempt to login as postgres. Is there any way I can limit access to
thepostgres user specified as being logged in as postgres?

gvim

Re: Limit postgres user logins

От
John R Pierce
gvim wrote:
> My hba file has:
>
> local   all         postgres                                    md5
> host    all         admin         127.0.0.1/32          md5
> host    all         dbuser        127.0.0.1/32          md5
>
> But that still allows users other than postgres to attempt to login as
> postgres. Is there any way I can limit access to the postgres user
> specified as being logged in as postgres?

on the first line (and only the first line), change md5 to ident
sameuser    [leave sameuser off on 8.4]

then the postgres user can only log on as himself and noone else can.