Обсуждение: How to allow PostgreSQL to accept remote connection?

How to allow PostgreSQL to accept remote connection?

От
Andre Lopes
Дата:
Hi,

I have a virtual machine with VMWARE, and I need to connect from outside the virtual machine to PostgreSQL.

How can I configure the PostgreSQL to accept outside connections?

Best Regards,

Re: How to allow PostgreSQL to accept remote connection?

От
Raymond O'Donnell
Дата:
On 24/04/2010 15:58, Andre Lopes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a virtual machine with VMWARE, and I need to connect from outside
> the virtual machine to PostgreSQL.
>
> How can I configure the PostgreSQL to accept outside connections?

It should be just the same as a "real" machine.... put the IP address of
the VM's network interface in "listen_addresses" in postgresql.conf.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie

Re: How to allow PostgreSQL to accept remote connection?

От
Andre Lopes
Дата:
Thanks for the reply's,

How can I configure pg_hba.conf to accept connections from all IP's

What I have in this file is:

#ipv4
host all all 127.0.0.1/32 md5

#ipv6
host all all ::1/128 md5

What I need to change?

Best Regards,

On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 4:15 PM, Fredric Fredricson <Fredric.Fredricson@bonetmail.com> wrote:
Raymond O'Donnell wrote:
On 24/04/2010 15:58, Andre Lopes wrote:

Hi,

I have a virtual machine with VMWARE, and I need to connect from outside
the virtual machine to PostgreSQL.

How can I configure the PostgreSQL to accept outside connections?

It should be just the same as a "real" machine.... put the IP address of
the VM's network interface in "listen_addresses" in postgresql.conf.

You will probably also have to edit pg_hba.conf file (chaper 20.1 in the manual).
/Fredric
Ray.

Re: How to allow PostgreSQL to accept remote connection?

От
Fredric Fredricson
Дата:
Andre Lopes wrote:
> Thanks for the reply's,
>
> How can I configure pg_hba.conf to accept connections from all IP's
>
> What I have in this file is:
>
> #ipv4|host all all 127.0.0.1/32 <http://127.0.0.1/32> md5
> #ipv6
> ||host all all ::1/128 md5|
>
> What I need to change?
||According to
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/auth-pg-hba-conf.html you
should add a line
host     all     all     0.0.0.0/0     md5
/Fredric
PS. When everything else fails, read the manual.

> Best Regards,
>

> On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 4:15 PM, Fredric Fredricson
> <Fredric.Fredricson@bonetmail.com
> <mailto:Fredric.Fredricson@bonetmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Raymond O'Donnell wrote:
>
>         On 24/04/2010 15:58, Andre Lopes wrote:
>

>             Hi,
>
>             I have a virtual machine with VMWARE, and I need to
>             connect from outside
>             the virtual machine to PostgreSQL.
>
>             How can I configure the PostgreSQL to accept outside
>             connections?
>

>         It should be just the same as a "real" machine.... put the IP
>         address of
>         the VM's network interface in "listen_addresses" in
>         postgresql.conf.
>

>     You will probably also have to edit pg_hba.conf file (chaper 20.1
>     in the manual).
>     /Fredric
>
>         Ray.

Вложения