Обсуждение: File compression in WinXP

File compression in WinXP

От
pasman pasmański
Дата:
Hello.
I'm install postgresql 8.4.3 on WinXPsp3.
Because of small disk i create tablespace
pointing to commpressed folder and move
some tables to it.
Compression is good: 10GB to 3-4GB
speed acceptable (small activity,10 users)

But is this safe ?

------------
pasman

Re: File compression in WinXP

От
Ivan Voras
Дата:
On 2.5.2010 16:48, pasman pasmański wrote:
> Hello.
> I'm install postgresql 8.4.3 on WinXPsp3.
> Because of small disk i create tablespace
> pointing to commpressed folder and move
> some tables to it.
> Compression is good: 10GB to 3-4GB
> speed acceptable (small activity,10 users)
>
> But is this safe ?

Microsoft "guarantees" your safety here, there should be no difference
in behaviour.

Of course, memory and other resource requirements are still dependent on
the uncompressed size. Your performance will probably be less than
without compression.