Обсуждение: Question about Beta for Windows 64 bits

Question about Beta for Windows 64 bits

От
Luis Guillermo Dangel

Hi guys.

I downloaded the windows installer for the Beta version, and noticed when installing that it was installing in the 32 bits program files folder.

Is there an installer of PostgreSQL  64 bits for windows?

Thanks.

Luis

Re: Question about Beta for Windows 64 bits

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 1:41 AM, Luis Guillermo Dangel
<luisguillermo.dangel@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys.
>

> I downloaded the windows installer for the Beta version, and noticed when
> installing that it was installing in the 32 bits program files folder.
>

> Is there an installer of PostgreSQL  64 bits for windows?

Not yet. It's being worked on.

--
Dave Page
The Enterprise Postgres Company

Re: Question about Beta for Windows 64 bits

От
Luis Dangel
Дата:
On 12/05/2010 7:46 p.m., Dave Page wrote:
> On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 1:41 AM, Luis Guillermo Dangel
> <luisguillermo.dangel@gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> Hi guys.
>>

>> I downloaded the windows installer for the Beta version, and noticed when
>> installing that it was installing in the 32 bits program files folder.
>>

>> Is there an installer of PostgreSQL  64 bits for windows?
>>
> Not yet. It's being worked on.

Great news, thanks a lot I can't wait to try it.

Re: Question about Beta for Windows 64 bits

От
"Igor Neyman"

Dave,

Are there any plans to build 8.4... As 64 bit for Windows?

Regards,
Igor Neyman

Re: Question about Beta for Windows 64 bits

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 4:12 PM, Igor Neyman <ineyman@perceptron.com> wrote:

> Dave,
>
> Are there any plans to build 8.4... As 64 bit for Windows?

8.4 cannot be built for 64 bit Windows. Thats only supported with 9.0 and above.

--
Dave Page
The Enterprise Postgres Company

Re: Question about Beta for Windows 64 bits

От
"Igor Neyman"
Дата:
Will 9.0 also have 64-bit ODBC driver?

Igor Neyman

Дата:
On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 3:03 PM, Igor Neyman <ineyman@perceptron.com> wrote:
> Will 9.0 also have 64-bit ODBC driver?

Eventually.

--
Dave Page
The Enterprise Postgres Company

Re: Question about Beta for Windows 64 bits

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
On Thu, 2010-05-13 at 15:15 +0100, Dave Page wrote:
> On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 3:03 PM, Igor Neyman <ineyman@perceptron.com> wrote:
> > Will 9.0 also have 64-bit ODBC driver?
>
> Eventually.

What would be the benefit? We considered it with ODBCng but couldn't
find any real suitable purpose.

Joshua D. Drake

> --
> Dave Page
> The Enterprise Postgres Company

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor

Re: Question about Beta for Windows 64 bits

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 7:01 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-05-13 at 15:15 +0100, Dave Page wrote:
>> On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 3:03 PM, Igor Neyman <ineyman@perceptron.com> wrote:
>> > Will 9.0 also have 64-bit ODBC driver?
>>
>> Eventually.
>
> What would be the benefit? We considered it with ODBCng but couldn't
> find any real suitable purpose.

Linking it into 64-bit applications would be the obvious one, no?

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/

Re: Question about Beta for Windows 64 bits

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
On Thu, 2010-05-13 at 19:08 +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 7:01 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Eventually.
> >
> > What would be the benefit? We considered it with ODBCng but couldn't
> > find any real suitable purpose.
>
> Linking it into 64-bit applications would be the obvious one, no?

True.

I think it is going to be tough to get on going support for a 64bit
driver.

Shrug :)

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor

Re: Question about Beta for Windows 64 bits

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Psqlodbc already supports 64bit. We just need to package it for win64.

On 5/13/10, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-05-13 at 19:08 +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 7:01 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com>
>> wrote:

>> > What would be the benefit? We considered it with ODBCng but couldn't
>> > find any real suitable purpose.
>>
>> Linking it into 64-bit applications would be the obvious one, no?
>
> True.
>
> I think it is going to be tough to get on going support for a 64bit
> driver.
>
> Shrug :)
>
> Joshua D. Drake
>

> --
> PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor
> Command Prompt, Inc: http://www.commandprompt.com/ - 503.667.4564
> Consulting, Training, Support, Custom Development, Engineering
>

> --

Dave Page
The Enterprise Postgres Company

Re: Question about Beta for Windows 64 bits

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
On Thu, 2010-05-13 at 15:15 +0100, Dave Page wrote:
> On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 3:03 PM, Igor Neyman <ineyman@perceptron.com> wrote:
> > Will 9.0 also have 64-bit ODBC driver?
>
> Eventually.

What would be the benefit? We considered it with ODBCng but couldn't
find any real suitable purpose.

Joshua D. Drake

> --
> Dave Page
> The Enterprise Postgres Company

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor

Re: Question about Beta for Windows 64 bits

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата: