Обсуждение: object tracking

object tracking

От
"Little, Douglas"

I have a fairly large data warehouse in Greenplum, and am having trouble tracking object changes.

I need to

1.        Know when an object was changed, by who.

2.       Have some logging about when an object was dropped – especially drop cascade.

Currently I’m having a problem with a set of disappearing views.   We’re still in pre-prod environment, but

Any suggestions?

I’d like

1.        PG to timestamp the catalog tables

2.       Permit triggers on catalog objects.

Doug Little

Sr. Data Warehouse Architect | Enterprise Data Management | Orbitz Worldwide

500 W. Madison, Suite 1000  Chicago IL 60661| Office 312.260.2588 | Fax 312.894.5164 | Cell 847-997-5741

Douglas.Little@orbitz.com

 cid:image001.jpg@01CABEC8.D4980670  orbitz.com | ebookers.com | hotelclub.com | cheaptickets.com | ratestogo.com | asiahotels.com

Вложения

Re: object tracking

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
On Wed, 2010-05-19 at 13:41 -0500, Little, Douglas wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I have a fairly large data warehouse in Greenplum, and am having
> trouble tracking object changes.

Depends on Greenplum I would assume. I don't know how compatible they
are with .Org anymore. You might look at table_log

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor

Re: object tracking

От
Steve Atkins
Дата:
On May 19, 2010, at 11:41 AM, Little, Douglas wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a fairly large data warehouse in Greenplum, and am having trouble tracking object changes.
> I need to
> 1.        Know when an object was changed, by who.
> 2.       Have some logging about when an object was dropped – especially drop cascade.
>

> Currently I’m having a problem with a set of disappearing views.   We’re still in pre-prod environment, but
>
> Any suggestions?

Take it up with your vendor. That's what you're paying them for, and they're the only ones who are
likely to understand how their product works.

If you were using postgresql I'd suggest looking at the log_statement and log_line_prefix
options, to see if tracking DDL that way were adequate for what you need.

Cheers,
  Steve

Re: object tracking

От