Обсуждение: Open Source Forum Software using PostgreSQL?

Open Source Forum Software using PostgreSQL?

От
Andre Lopes
Дата:
Hi,

I need to use an Forum Software. There is any Open Souce Forum Script using PostgreSQL?

Best Regards,
André.

Re: Open Source Forum Software using PostgreSQL?

От
David Boreham
Дата:
On 7/4/2010 8:10 AM, Andre Lopes wrote:

> I need to use an Forum Software. There is any Open Souce Forum Script
> using PostgreSQL?

We use jForum.

Re: Open Source Forum Software using PostgreSQL?

От
CaT
Дата:
On Sun, Jul 04, 2010 at 03:10:36PM +0100, Andre Lopes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to use an Forum Software. There is any Open Souce Forum Script using
> PostgreSQL?

phpBB3 off the top of my head.

--
  "A search of his car uncovered pornography, a homemade sex aid, women's
  stockings and a Jack Russell terrier."

Re: Open Source Forum Software using PostgreSQL?

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Sun, Jul 4, 2010 at 3:22 PM, CaT <cat@zip.com.au> wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 04, 2010 at 03:10:36PM +0100, Andre Lopes wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I need to use an Forum Software. There is any Open Souce Forum Script using
>> PostgreSQL?
>
> phpBB3 off the top of my head.

If using the one-click PostgreSQL installers, you can run StackBuilder
to automatically install preconfigured builds of Apache, PHP and phpBB
to work with the PG installation.

--
Dave Page
The Enterprise Postgres Company

Re: Open Source Forum Software using PostgreSQL?

От
Thom Brown
Дата:
On 4 July 2010 15:22, CaT <cat@zip.com.au> wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 04, 2010 at 03:10:36PM +0100, Andre Lopes wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I need to use an Forum Software. There is any Open Souce Forum Script using
>> PostgreSQL?
>
> phpBB3 off the top of my head.

I found phpBB3 unusable for PostgreSQL last time as if you typed in
"localhost" as the host name, it didn't both passing in the host name
at all, and therefore couldn't establish a connection.

Something else to look out for with phpBB3, when I last tested it it
didn't seem to support database names with full-stops in (or periods
to US folk).  They also said they wouldn't fix it:
http://www.phpbb.com/bugs/phpbb3/36195

Hopefully those problems are gone, but you never know...

Thom

Re: Open Source Forum Software using PostgreSQL?

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:

Fluxbb (http://fluxbb.org/) works great with PostgreSQL. We use it at
http://forums.postgresql.fr and we're really happy with it.

--
Guillaume
 http://www.postgresql.fr

Re: Open Source Forum Software using PostgreSQL?

От
Garry Saddington
Дата:
Andre Lopes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to use an Forum Software. There is any Open Souce Forum Script
> using PostgreSQL?
>
> Best Regards,
> André.
Zforum does, but you will need to install Zope to run it.
Garry

Re: Open Source Forum Software using PostgreSQL?

От
Roland Vögtli
Дата:
> I need to use an Forum Software. There is any Open Souce Forum Script using PostgreSQL?

We use SimpleMachines SMF.

cheers
®