Обсуждение: Problem installing 9.0.1 on Windows 7 x64

Problem installing 9.0.1 on Windows 7 x64

От
Michael Gould

I'm trying to install 9.0.1 32 bit on Windows 7 x64.  I cannot use the 64 bit server because we use the UUID contrib module and it evidently isn't compatible with Windows 64 bit libraries.  When I try and install the 32 bit server I get the following error message.

"Problem running the post-install step.  Installation may not complete correctly.  The database initialisation failed.

I've tried this using my normal account which has administrator rights and the system administrator account.

Does anyone have any idea on why I can't install this?

Best Regards

Michael Gould

Michael Gould, Managing Partner
Intermodal Software Solutions, LLC
904.226.0978
904.592.5250 fax

Re: Problem installing 9.0.1 on Windows 7 x64

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 6:34 PM, Michael Gould
<mgould@intermodalsoftwaresolutions.net> wrote:
> I'm trying to install 9.0.1 32 bit on Windows 7 x64.  I cannot use the 64
> bit server because we use the UUID contrib module and it evidently isn't
> compatible with Windows 64 bit libraries.  When I try and install the 32 bit
> server I get the following error message.
>
> "Problem running the post-install step.  Installation may not complete
> correctly.  The database initialisation failed.
>
> I've tried this using my normal account which has administrator rights and
> the system administrator account.

Can you post the installation log from %TEMP% please? See
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Troubleshooting_Installation#Collect_the_installer_log_file
for details.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise Postgres Company

Re: Problem installing 9.0.1 on Windows 7 x64

От
Dave Page
Дата:
[CC'ing the list to close the loop]

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 7:43 PM, Michael Gould
<mgould@intermodalsoftwaresolutions.net> wrote:
> Dave,
>
> I found the problem.  For some reason icacls.exe can't be found, in fact
> none of the executable files in system32 can be found from the c:\.
> I'm not sure what's up because when I look at my path statement it shows
> c:\windows\system32 when I do either a path or set from the command line run
> inside CMD.exe.
>
> At least I know that it's not a Postgres issue now.

Very odd. Permissions perhaps?

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise Postgres Company

Re: Problem installing 9.0.1 on Windows 7 x64

От
Michael Gould
Дата:
It does appear so.. although I'm logged into the network administrator
account.  Weird but at least I can now track it down.

Best Regards

Mike Gould