Обсуждение: Is there a plugin/script for nagios that monitors pitr being up to djavascript:;ate?

Is there a plugin/script for nagios that monitors pitr being up to djavascript:;ate?

От
Chris Barnes
Дата:
Is the a plugin or script that will allow pitr to be monitored and trigger an alarm when the pitr master/slave databases
get out of sync?

The reason I'm asking, I have had one or four of pitr'd slaves get out of sync twice?
Not sure why, it may have something to do with rsync on (wal log txfr), but not the point.

Any help would be appreciated...

Chris Barnes

Re: Is there a plugin/script for nagios that monitors pitr being up to djavascript:;ate?

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
On Fri, 2010-10-22 at 08:37 -0400, Chris Barnes wrote:
> Is the a plugin or script that will allow pitr to be monitored and
> trigger an alarm when the pitr master/slave databases
> get out of sync?
>
> The reason I'm asking, I have had one or four of pitr'd slaves get out
> of sync twice?
> Not sure why, it may have something to do with rsync on (wal log
> txfr), but not the point.

PITRTools has a built-in Nagios notification system for pitr monitoring.
Basically it uses nsca+nagios+passive check feature. You may want to use
it, or use the logic in it:

https://public.commandprompt.com/projects/pitrtools/

Regards,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
PostgreSQL RPM Repository: http://yum.pgrpms.org

Re: Is there a plugin/script for nagios that monitors pitr being up to djavascript:;ate?

От
Chris Barnes

> On Fri, 2010-10-22 at 08:37 -0400, Chris Barnes wrote:
> > Is the a plugin or script that will allow pitr to be monitored and
> > trigger an alarm when the pitr master/slave databases
> > get out of sync?
> >
> > The reason I'm asking, I have had one or four of pitr'd slaves get out
> > of sync twice?
> > Not sure why, it may have something to do with rsync on (wal log
> > txfr), but not the point.
>
> PITRTools has a built-in Nagios notification system for pitr monitoring.
> Basically it uses nsca+nagios+passive check feature. You may want to use
> it, or use the logic in it:

Hi Devrim,

It's Escaping me where nagios is in the listing? I'm probably way off but more specifically if you could please?

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root 1017 12167 May  4 15:02 cmd_archiver
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root 1017   940 Jan  9  2009 cmd_archiver.ini.sample
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root 1017  3915 Dec 26  2008 cmd_archiver.README
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root 1017 15872 Apr 16  2009 cmd_standby
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root 1017  1476 Feb 20  2009 cmd_standby.ini.sample
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root 1017  3920 Feb  7  2009 cmd_standby.README
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root 1017   992 Apr 21  2009 cmd_standby.sql

Re: Is there a plugin/script for nagios that monitors pitr being up to djavascript:;ate?

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
On Fri, 2010-10-22 at 10:25 -0400, Chris Barnes wrote:
> It's Escaping me where nagios is in the listing? I'm probably way off
> but more specifically if you could please?

See cmd_archiver.ini file, mainly notify_ok, notify_warning and
notify_critical parameters. Using nsca+nagios, you can send passive
check results to nagios. We have done it several times.