Обсуждение: Postgresql 9 connection problem

Postgresql 9 connection problem

От
AI Rumman
Дата:
I have very strange problem with my application, upon occasions I get following error when connecting to postgres. This happens without any pattern, often happens when I run some extensive tests in my application.

Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: server closed the connection unexpectedly This probably means the server terminated abnormally before or while processing the request.

Postgres logs shows no abnormalities. Moreover, I can easily connect to the psql console and execute query at that period.

My Postgres is 9.0.1, running on CentOS 5.

Any hints ?

Re: Postgresql 9 connection problem

Дата:
AI Rumman <rummandba@gmail.com> writes:
> I have very strange problem with my application, upon occasions I get
> following error when connecting to postgres. This happens without any
> pattern, often happens when I run some extensive tests in my application.

> Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: server closed the connection
> unexpectedly This probably means the server terminated abnormally before or
> while processing the request.

> Postgres logs shows no abnormalities. Moreover, I can easily connect to the
> psql console and execute query at that period.

> My Postgres is 9.0.1, running on CentOS 5.

Curious.  What about the kernel log, is there anything there?

            regards, tom lane