Обсуждение: Recreate database but old tables still present

Recreate database but old tables still present

От
gvim
Дата:
PostgreSQL 9.0.3/Mac OS X 10.6.6

I need to recreate a database at regular intervals and what normally works is:

user$: dropdb -U myuser -h localhost mydb;

user $: psql -U myuser -h localhost mydb;
psql: FATAL: database "mydb" does not exist

user$: createdb -U myuser -h localhost mydb;

Now, for some reason, when I recreate the datbase the old tables are still present. I've tried the same procedure using
apsql login but the result is the same.

gvim

Re: Recreate database but old tables still present

От
Vibhor Kumar
Дата:
On Feb 24, 2011, at 9:19 PM, gvim wrote:

> Now, for some reason, when I recreate the datbase the old tables are still present. I've tried the same procedure
usinga psql login but the result is the same.

This can happen if template1 database has those tables. Check/verify if those tables are in template1 database.

Thanks & Regards,
Vibhor Kumar
EnterpriseDB Corporation
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company
Cell: +91-932-568-2279
vibhor.kumar@enterprisedb.com
Blog:http://vibhork.blogspot.com

Re: Recreate database but old tables still present

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le 24/02/2011 16:49, gvim a écrit :
> PostgreSQL 9.0.3/Mac OS X 10.6.6
>
> I need to recreate a database at regular intervals and what normally
> works is:
>
> user$: dropdb -U myuser -h localhost mydb;
>
> user $: psql -U myuser -h localhost mydb;
> psql: FATAL: database "mydb" does not exist
>
> user$: createdb -U myuser -h localhost mydb;
>
> Now, for some reason, when I recreate the datbase the old tables are
> still present. I've tried the same procedure using a psql login but the
> result is the same.

You probably created your tables in the template1 database. Check this
database if they appear here too.

--
Guillaume
 http://www.postgresql.fr