Обсуждение: shared folder in Hot Standby

shared folder in Hot Standby

От
Shoaib Mir
Дата:
Hi Everyone,

I am trying to setup Hot Standby for a customer site and got a small question about the setup:

From my limited knowledge I think we need a shared location where the master node is putting the WAL files in and the slave nodes also look at the same folder to get new WAL logs to replay the files. Now if we cant have that shared location and a scenario where all slaves and the master cant see one shared location, how to approach this?

Re: shared folder in Hot Standby

От
Jaime Casanova
Дата:
On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 12:35 AM, Shoaib Mir <shoaibmir@gmail.com> wrote:
> From my limited knowledge I think we need a shared location where the master
> node is putting the WAL files in and the slave nodes also look at the same
> folder to get new WAL logs to replay the files. Now if we cant have that
> shared location and a scenario where all slaves and the master cant see one
> shared location, how to approach this?

no. while you can do that, it's optional...

you can setup a hot standby just by setting:

on master:
=== postgresql.conf ===
wal_level=hot_standby
archive_mode=on
archive_command='exit 0'
max_wal_senders = <number of slaves or greater>

on slave:
=== postgresql.conf ===
hot_standby=on

=== recovery.conf ===
standby_mode='on'
primary_conninfo = 'host=master_ip'

or you can use repmgr to make all this easier:
http://projects.2ndquadrant.com/repmgr

--
Jaime Casanova         www.2ndQuadrant.com
Professional PostgreSQL: Soporte y capacitación de PostgreSQL