Обсуждение: load sql from the file in postgresql

load sql from the file in postgresql

От
Sukuchha Shrestha
Дата:
hello group,

I just started to use postgresql and i want to import data using copy command in a loop.

Here is what i did !

1) following content with name loaddata.sql.
\copy table from 'C:\psql\x.txt';
\copy table from 'C:\psql\y.txt';

2) My loaddata.sql is located in C:\psql\ therefore i tried to call the loaddata.sql in psql like

\i  C:\psql\loaddata.sql

But it says " C:: Permission denied"

What is a problem ? Please guide me ! Is there any better way to call copy commad in a loop with varying filename!

regards
Sukuchha

Re: load sql from the file in postgresql

От
Raghavendra
\i  C:\psql\loaddata.sql

But it says " C:: Permission denied"

Give the permission to postgres user on 'loaddata.sql' file. Right click and in properties give full access to postgres user.

Best Regards,
Raghavendra
EnterpriseDB Corporation
The Enterprise Postgres Company

Re: load sql from the file in postgresql

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On Friday, April 29, 2011 4:01:03 am Raghavendra wrote:
> > \i  C:\psql\loaddata.sql
> >

> > But it says " C:: Permission denied"
>
> Give the permission to postgres user on 'loaddata.sql' file. Right click
> and in properties give full access to postgres user.

Just to be clear this means the user you are logged in as when you do the \i
command, which may or may not be the user postgres.  The rule is, COPY runs with
the permissions of the server and \copy with the permissions of the client.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com

Re: load sql from the file in postgresql

От
Dennis Grimm

Try using this, even on a windows system:

\i /psql/loaddata.sql

psql likes *nix path names

I just started to use postgresql and i want to import data using copy command in a loop.

Here is what i did !

1) following content with name loaddata.sql.

\copy table from 'C:\psql\x.txt';

\copy table from 'C:\psql\y.txt';

2) My loaddata.sql is located in C:\psql\ therefore i tried to call the loaddata.sql in psql like

\i  C:\psql\loaddata.sql

But it says " C:: Permission denied"

What is a problem ? Please guide me ! Is there any better way to call copy commad in a loop with varying filename!

regards

Sukuchha

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail, including attachments, may include confidential and/or proprietary information, and may be used only by the person or entity to
which it is addressed. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient or his or her authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and delete this e-mail immediately.