Обсуждение: disallow SET WORK_MEM

disallow SET WORK_MEM

От
Andreas Kretschmer
Дата:
Hi @list,

is it possible to disallow "set work_mem to ..." for regular
(non-superuser) users?

Background: a shared database server with multiple users.

Andreas

Re: disallow SET WORK_MEM

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
Andreas Kretschmer wrote:
> Hi @list,
>
> is it possible to disallow "set work_mem to ..." for regular
> (non-superuser) users?
>
> Background: a shared database server with multiple users.

We have discussed it and might offer that ability some day, but
currently there is no way to do that.  There are so many ways to mess
things up with a bad query that we are unclear if restricting work_mem
is really helpful.

Re: disallow SET WORK_MEM

Дата:
> Andreas Kretschmer wrote:
>> is it possible to disallow "set work_mem to ..." for regular
>> (non-superuser) users?

> We have discussed it and might offer that ability some day, but
> currently there is no way to do that.  There are so many ways to mess
> things up with a bad query that we are unclear if restricting work_mem
> is really helpful.

Preventing people from setting an appropriate work_mem might well create
more denial-of-service problems than it prevents.

            regards, tom lane