Обсуждение: Does Version 9.1 Streaming Replication Supports Multi-Master?

Does Version 9.1 Streaming Replication Supports Multi-Master?

От
Jerry Richards

I know PostgreSQL version 9.1 supports  built-in streaming replication.  Just wondering if that supports only a single-master or also multi-master implementation?

Thanks,

Jerry

Sample disclaimer text

Re: Does Version 9.1 Streaming Replication Supports Multi-Master?

От
John R Pierce
Дата:
On 01/17/12 12:10 PM, Jerry Richards wrote:

> I know PostgreSQL version 9.1 supports  built-in streaming
> replication.  Just wondering if that supports only a single-master or
> also multi-master implementation?

master -> readonly slave only.

Master-Master replication is a giant can of worms, with thorny issues of
conflict resolution that can't be resolved in a general case without
massive performance impacts.