Обсуждение: Postgres.exe on windows format on command line that starts the process

Postgres.exe on windows format on command line that starts the process

От
bruce@concena.com
Дата:
In Windows PostgreSQL spawns numerous postgres.exe processes. When you look at the actual command line you see the command that started the process. For example: "c:/PostgreSQL/8.4/bin/postgres.exe" "--forkbackend" "1372"

My questions

1. In the example above does 1372 represent a port?

2. If it is a port then how can I change the ports used OR avoid using certain ports?

Thanks,

Bruce.

Re: Postgres.exe on windows format on command line that starts the process

От
"David Johnston"

In Windows PostgreSQL spawns numerous postgres.exe processes. When you look at the actual command line you see the command that started the process. For example: "c:/PostgreSQL/8.4/bin/postgres.exe" "--forkbackend" "1372"

My questions

1. In the example above does 1372 represent a port?
   >>> NO
2. If it is a port then how can I change the ports used OR avoid using certain ports?
 >>>NOT A PORT

Thanks,

Bruce.

>>> The “1372” is a system process id (pid), basically a PK for a Window’s process.

>>> David J.

Sequential Scans

От
Efraín Déctor
Дата:
Hello.  What is the difference between Sequential Scans and Sequential Tuples Read?.

Thank you.

Re: Sequential Scans

От
Scott Marlowe
Дата:
On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 12:30 PM, Efraín Déctor
<efraindector@motumweb.com> wrote:
> Hello.  What is the difference between Sequential Scans and Sequential
> Tuples Read?.

A sequential scan is what happens when the table is read sequentially.
 One sequential scan can result in MANY tuples being read
sequentially.  I.e. a table with 1M rows being sequentially scanned
from end to end will result in 1M sequential tuples being read.

Re: Sequential Scans

От
Efraín Déctor
Дата: