Обсуждение: pg_dump not dumping all tables

pg_dump not dumping all tables

От
Stefan Schwarzer
Дата:
Hi there,

I am pg_dump-ing all tables from schema public on the server

       /usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_dump -U user my_database --schema=public --encoding=UTF-8 > dump.sql

and re-loading it via psql on my local machine.

But instead of having 708 tables as on the server, I end up with only 570 on my local machine.

When trying to search for the name of a missing table in the dump file, it is indeed not there. Owner of the table is
thesame as on all other tables…

What could that be?

Thanks for any hint!

Stef

Re: pg_dump not dumping all tables

От
Alban Hertroys
Дата:
On 22 June 2012 10:45, Stefan Schwarzer <stefan.schwarzer@unep.org> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I am pg_dump-ing all tables from schema public on the server
>
>       /usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_dump -U user my_database --schema=public --encoding=UTF-8 > dump.sql
>
> and re-loading it via psql on my local machine.
>
> But instead of having 708 tables as on the server, I end up with only 570 on my local machine.
>
> When trying to search for the name of a missing table in the dump file, it is indeed not there. Owner of the table is
thesame as on all other tables…

> What could that be?

Are you sure the missing tables are in the public schema?

Re: pg_dump not dumping all tables

От
Stefan Schwarzer
Дата:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I am pg_dump-ing all tables from schema public on the server
>>
>>       /usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_dump -U user my_database --schema=public --encoding=UTF-8 > dump.sql
>>
>> and re-loading it via psql on my local machine.
>>
>> But instead of having 708 tables as on the server, I end up with only 570 on my local machine.
>>
>> When trying to search for the name of a missing table in the dump file, it is indeed not there. Owner of the table
isthe same as on all other tables…

>> What could that be?
>
> Are you sure the missing tables are in the public schema?

Yes, they are indeed in the public schema.

Re: pg_dump not dumping all tables

От
Anthony Bull
Дата:
Out of curiosity, what happens if you dump that database without specifying a schema - do you get all 708 tables?

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 8:45 PM, Stefan Schwarzer <stefan.schwarzer@unep.org> wrote:
Hi there,

I am pg_dump-ing all tables from schema public on the server

      /usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_dump -U user my_database --schema=public --encoding=UTF-8 > dump.sql

and re-loading it via psql on my local machine.

But instead of having 708 tables as on the server, I end up with only 570 on my local machine.

When trying to search for the name of a missing table in the dump file, it is indeed not there. Owner of the table is the same as on all other tables…

What could that be?

Thanks for any hint!

Stef

Re: pg_dump not dumping all tables

От
Scott Marlowe
Дата:
I'd also wonder if it shows up when he does -N public (exclude public schema)?