Обсуждение: Can't create plpython language

Can't create plpython language

От
"guxiaobo1982"
Дата:
Hi,

I am running PostgreSQL 9.2.4.1 (from EnterpriseDB) on CENTOS 5.9 X64 server, I got the following errors when trying to create the python language handler, can you help with this, thanks in advance.

[postgres@lix ~]$ psql
Password:
psql.bin (9.2.4)
Type "help" for help.

No entry for terminal type "vt100";
using dumb terminal settings.
postgres=# create language plpython2u;
ERROR:  could not access file "$libdir/plpython2": No such file or directory
postgres=# create language plpython3u;
!>

[postgres@lix ~]$ python
Python 2.4.3 (#1, Jan  9 2013, 06:47:03)

Xiaobo Gu

Re: Can't create plpython language

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 07/04/2013 02:26 AM, guxiaobo1982 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am running PostgreSQL 9.2.4.1 (from EnterpriseDB) on CENTOS 5.9 X64
> server, I got the following errors when trying to create the python
> language handler, can you help with this, thanks in advance.

Did you install the plpython language as part of the installation process?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com

Re: Can't create plpython language

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 6:26 PM, guxiaobo1982 <guxiaobo1982@qq.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am running PostgreSQL 9.2.4.1 (from EnterpriseDB) on CENTOS 5.9 X64
> server, I got the following errors when trying to create the python language
> handler, can you help with this, thanks in advance.
If this is PPAS, as the version number would suggest, you should
directly ask this question to EDB support team. This problem might not
be related to Postgres itself... At least the buildfarm machines do
not crash when trying to install a plpython extension.
--
Michael

Re: Can't create plpython language

От
Jov
Дата:
try the postgresql official rpm package for centos 5:
http://yum.postgresql.org/9.2/redhat/rhel-5-x86_64/pgdg-centos92-9.2-6.noarch.rpm

or build your own from source.