Обсуждение: pgAdmin for ubuntu

pgAdmin for ubuntu

От
Muhammad Bashir Al-Noimi
Дата:
Howdy,

After upgrading my Pg from 9.1 to 9.2 the avaliable pgAdmin in ubuntu
21.10 reporotiy can't deal with Pg 9.2.

How can I get recent pgAdmin version for ubuntu 12.10?

P.S.
- I tried ppa:pitti/postgresql but it doesn’t contain on suitable
pgAdmin version for Pg 9.2
- I don’t prefer to build pgAdmin from the source code.

--
Best Regards
Muhammad Bashir Al-Noimi

Re: pgAdmin for ubuntu

От
Vincenzo Romano
Дата:
2013/7/17 Muhammad Bashir Al-Noimi <mbnoimi@gmail.com>:
> Howdy,
>
> After upgrading my Pg from 9.1 to 9.2 the avaliable pgAdmin in ubuntu
> 21.10 reporotiy can't deal with Pg 9.2.
>
> How can I get recent pgAdmin version for ubuntu 12.10?
>
> P.S.
> - I tried ppa:pitti/postgresql but it doesn’t contain on suitable
> pgAdmin version for Pg 9.2
> - I don’t prefer to build pgAdmin from the source code.
>
> --
> Best Regards
> Muhammad Bashir Al-Noimi

Once you "sudo add-apt-repository ppa:pitti/postgresql" then you go in
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/pitti* and you replace the word with your
Ubuntu version with "precise". By doing so you'll install that version
into your distribution.
I know, that sadly the transition from launchpad.net to
apt.postgresql.org just covers 10.04 and 12.04. Not even 13.04!
In the meanwhile ...

Re: pgAdmin for ubuntu

От
Muhammad Bashir Al-Noimi
Дата:
On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 3:34 PM, Vincenzo Romano
<vincenzo.romano@notorand.it> wrote:
> Once you "sudo add-apt-repository ppa:pitti/postgresql" then you go in
> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/pitti* and you replace the word with your
> Ubuntu version with "precise". By doing so you'll install that version
> into your distribution.

Thanks Vincenzo,

OMG, akthough it fixes my issue but this absolute painful proceduer!

by the way, I recived this error message after apt-get update:
---
Failed to fetch
bzip2:/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_quantal-updates_main_binary-amd64_Packages
 Hash Sum mismatch
Failed to fetch
bzip2:/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_quantal-updates_main_binary-i386_Packages
 Hash Sum mismatch
Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old
ones used instead.

--
Best Regards
Muhammad Bashir Al-Noimi

Re: pgAdmin for ubuntu

От
Vincenzo Romano
Дата:
2013/7/17 Muhammad Bashir Al-Noimi <mbnoimi@gmail.com>:
> On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 3:34 PM, Vincenzo Romano
> <vincenzo.romano@notorand.it> wrote:
>> Once you "sudo add-apt-repository ppa:pitti/postgresql" then you go in
>> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/pitti* and you replace the word with your
>> Ubuntu version with "precise". By doing so you'll install that version
>> into your distribution.
>
> Thanks Vincenzo,
>
> OMG, akthough it fixes my issue but this absolute painful proceduer!
>
> by the way, I recived this error message after apt-get update:
> ---
> Failed to fetch
> bzip2:/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_quantal-updates_main_binary-amd64_Packages
>  Hash Sum mismatch
> Failed to fetch
> bzip2:/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_quantal-updates_main_binary-i386_Packages
>  Hash Sum mismatch
> Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old
> ones used instead.
>
> --
> Best Regards
> Muhammad Bashir Al-Noimi

Did you run "apt-get update" once you did che change?

Re: pgAdmin for ubuntu

От
Muhammad Bashir Al-Noimi
Дата:
On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 4:10 PM, Vincenzo Romano
<vincenzo.romano@notorand.it> wrote:
> Did you run "apt-get update" once you did che change?

sure yes.

--
Best Regards
Muhammad Bashir Al-Noimi

Re: pgAdmin for ubuntu

От
Luca Ferrari
Дата:
On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 4:02 PM, Muhammad Bashir Al-Noimi
<mbnoimi@gmail.com> wrote:

> Failed to fetch
> bzip2:/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_quantal-updates_main_binary-amd64_Packages
>  Hash Sum mismatch

I guess this is the problem. It happened to me sometimes when working
behind a proxy, but I don't have a good workaround. It is better to
ask to someone on an ubuntu mailing list.

Luca