Обсуждение: pg_dump question (exclude schemas)

pg_dump question (exclude schemas)

От
Jay Vee
Дата:
I want to backup a database but exclude certain schemas with a patter.

I have 100 schemas with the pattern:  'sch_000', 'sch_001',  and so on.

Will this work?

$pg_dump <other_options>  --exclude-schema='sch_*'

this does not seem to exclude all schemas with this pattern  ( 'sch_*' ), anything wrong here?

thanks

J.V.

Re: pg_dump question (exclude schemas)

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 08/28/2013 12:30 PM, Jay Vee wrote:
> I want to backup a database but exclude certain schemas with a patter.
>
> I have 100 schemas with the pattern:  'sch_000', 'sch_001',  and so on.
>
> Will this work?
>
> $pg_dump <other_options>  --exclude-schema='sch_*'
>
> this does not seem to exclude all schemas with this pattern  ( 'sch_*'
> ), anything wrong here?

What version of Postgres?

What is the complete command line?

Does it exclude any of the schemas?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com

Re: pg_dump question (exclude schemas)

От
Luca Ferrari
Дата:
On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 9:30 PM, Jay Vee <jvsrvcs@gmail.com> wrote:

> $pg_dump <other_options>  --exclude-schema='sch_*'
>
> this does not seem to exclude all schemas with this pattern  ( 'sch_*' ),
> anything wrong here?

The option is fine and works for me on 9.2.4, I suspect the <other
options> could do a clash with the -N (exclude-schema).

Luca

Re: pg_dump question (exclude schemas)

От
vinayak
Дата:
>I want to backup a database but exclude certain schemas with a patter.
>I have 100 schemas with the pattern:  'sch_000', 'sch_001',  and so on.
>Will this work?
>$pg_dump <other_options>  --exclude-schema='sch_*'
>this does not seem to exclude all schemas with this pattern  ( 'sch_*' ),
>anything wrong here?
>thanks

It works fine on PostgreSQL 9.2.1.
When both -n and -N are given, the behavior is to dump just the schemas that
match at least one -n switch but no -N switches. If -N appears without -n,
then schemas matching -N are excluded from what is otherwise a normal dump.