Обсуждение: using Replace funcion in postgresql

using Replace funcion in postgresql

От
karinos57
Дата:
SELECT
       Volume, REPLACE(Volume,'.','')
      FROM MyTable

The data in my table looks like this:

88.97
448.58 and etc

i want to show like this with out the period:

8897
44858

I have tried to use different ways but still getting the error i hope
someone out there can help me. How can i achieve this? thanks

Re: using Replace funcion in postgresql

От
John R Pierce
Дата:
On 9/16/2013 4:55 PM, karinos57 wrote:
>> SELECT
>>         Volume, REPLACE(Volume,'.','')
>>        FROM MyTable
>>
> The data in my table looks like this:
>
> 88.97
> 448.58 and etc
>
> i want to show like this with out the period:
>
> 8897
> 44858
>
> I have tried to use different ways but still getting the error i hope
> someone out there can help me. How can i achieve this? thanks

still getting _the_ error?  what error is that?    can we assume your
table field is a numeric rather than a string value?

you could use   to_char(volume*100, 'FM9999999'), or maybe even just
(volume*100)::integer

Re: using Replace funcion in postgresql

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 09/16/2013 04:55 PM, karinos57 wrote:
> SELECT
>         Volume, REPLACE(Volume,'.','')
>        FROM MyTable
>
> The data in my table looks like this:
>
> 88.97
> 448.58 and etc
>
> i want to show like this with out the period:
>
> 8897
> 44858
>
> I have tried to use different ways but still getting the error i hope
> someone out there can help me. How can i achieve this? thanks

SELECT
          Volume, REPLACE(Volume::text,'.','')::int
         FROM MyTable

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com

Re: using Replace funcion in postgresql

От
David Johnston
Дата:
karinos57 wrote
> SELECT
>        Volume, REPLACE(Volume,'.','')
>       FROM MyTable
>
> The data in my table looks like this:
>
> 88.97
> 448.58 and etc
>
> i want to show like this with out the period:
>
> 8897
> 44858
>
> I have tried to use different ways but still getting the error i hope
> someone out there can help me. How can i achieve this? thanks

Solution provided elsewhere but make sure you cover the corner-case where
there are zeros in the decimal positions.  Depending on the how the number
column is defined those may be lost whereas I presume you want "00" to
appear at the end for integer amounts and "90" to appear to round-tenths.

David J.

Re: using Replace funcion in postgresql

От
karinos57
Дата:
just as FYI the database i am using is Netezza so my data type is CHARACTER
VARYING(6).  The error i am getting is 'Buffer Overflow'.
 So the funny thing is when i change this '' to this ' ' then the query runs
but it is putting a blank space between the values like this 88 97
but i get an error when i only make with out space like this ''.  thanks

Re: using Replace funcion in postgresql

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 09/16/2013 06:20 PM, karinos57 wrote:
> just as FYI the database i am using is Netezza so my data type is CHARACTER
> VARYING(6).  The error i am getting is 'Buffer Overflow'.
>   So the funny thing is when i change this '' to this ' ' then the query runs
> but it is putting a blank space between the values like this 88 97
> but i get an error when i only make with out space like this ''.  thanks

Alright now I am confused. Your subject says using replace in Postgres,
yet now you say you are using Netezza, which is it?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com