Обсуждение: Equivalent syntax of PL/SQL using array in PL/pgSQL

Equivalent syntax of PL/SQL using array in PL/pgSQL

От
Dang Minh Huong
Дата:
Hi all,

I am using PostgreSQL 9.1 and get a syntax error with the following PL/pgSQL clause.
Is there any equivalent syntax in PL/pgSQL to solve it.

------
rec typ[];
(typ[1]).t1 := 1;
------

typ is type which was created by command below.

Create type typ as(
t1 interger,
t2 text);

I am migrating data from Oracle to PostgreSQL and encounter this issue.

Thanks,
Huong,

Re: Equivalent syntax of PL/SQL using array in PL/pgSQL

От
Elliot
Дата:
On 2013-11-14 10:13, Dang Minh Huong wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am using PostgreSQL 9.1 and get a syntax error with the following PL/pgSQL clause.
> Is there any equivalent syntax in PL/pgSQL to solve it.
>
> ------
> rec typ[];
> (typ[1]).t1 := 1;
> ------
>
> typ is type which was created by command below.
>
> Create type typ as(
> t1 interger,
> t2 text);
>
> I am migrating data from Oracle to PostgreSQL and encounter this issue.
>
> Thanks,
> Huong,

If typ is the type and rec is the variable, do you mean to access rec[1]?

Re: Equivalent syntax of PL/SQL using array in PL/pgSQL

От
Dang Minh Huong
Дата:
Hi,

2013/11/15 0:20、Elliot <yields.falsehood@gmail.com> のメッセージ:

>> On 2013-11-14 10:13, Dang Minh Huong wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am using PostgreSQL 9.1 and get a syntax error with the following PL/pgSQL clause.
>> Is there any equivalent syntax in PL/pgSQL to solve it.
>>
>> ------
>> rec typ[];
>> (typ[1]).t1 := 1;
>> ------
>>
>> typ is type which was created by command below.
>>
>> Create type typ as(
>> t1 interger,
>> t2 text);
>>
>> I am migrating data from Oracle to PostgreSQL and encounter this issue.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Huong,
> If typ is the type and rec is the variable, do you mean to access rec[1]?

Sorry for this miss.
Yes, typ is the type and rec is the variable.
I only want to assign a value to rec[1].t1.

Thanks,
Huong,

Re: Equivalent syntax of PL/SQL using array in PL/pgSQL

От
Elliot
Дата:
On 2013-11-14 10:32, Dang Minh Huong wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2013/11/15 0:20、Elliot <yields.falsehood@gmail.com> のメッセージ:
>
>>> On 2013-11-14 10:13, Dang Minh Huong wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I am using PostgreSQL 9.1 and get a syntax error with the following PL/pgSQL clause.
>>> Is there any equivalent syntax in PL/pgSQL to solve it.
>>>
>>> ------
>>> rec typ[];
>>> (typ[1]).t1 := 1;
>>> ------
>>>
>>> typ is type which was created by command below.
>>>
>>> Create type typ as(
>>> t1 interger,
>>> t2 text);
>>>
>>> I am migrating data from Oracle to PostgreSQL and encounter this issue.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Huong,
>> If typ is the type and rec is the variable, do you mean to access rec[1]?
> Sorry for this miss.
> Yes, typ is the type and rec is the variable.
> I only want to assign a value to rec[1].t1.
>
> Thanks,
> Huong,

I can't recall a source on this but I'm not sure you can assign to
composite types' members in plpgsql (unlike in straight sql where update
set rec.t1 := 1 is valid). You can build the entire record at once like
"rec[1] := (1, null)::typ;".

Re: Equivalent syntax of PL/SQL using array in PL/pgSQL

От
David Johnston
Дата:
bocap wrote
>>> (rec[1]).t1 := 1;

You need to stay one-level higher and re-build the entire typ entry then
assign it back to the array at the same position.

rec[1] = (1, rec[1].t2)::typ;

David J.

Re: Equivalent syntax of PL/SQL using array in PL/pgSQL

От
Dang Minh Huong
Дата:
Hi,

2013/11/15 0:38、Elliot <yields.falsehood@gmail.com> のメッセージ:

>> On 2013-11-14 10:32, Dang Minh Huong wrote:
>> Hi,

>>> If typ is the type and rec is the variable, do you mean to access rec[1]?
>> Sorry for this miss.
>> Yes, typ is the type and rec is the variable.
>> I only want to assign a value to rec[1].t1.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Huong,
>
> I can't recall a source on this but I'm not sure you can assign to
> composite types' members in plpgsql

I think so too.

> (unlike in straight sql where update
> set rec.t1 := 1 is valid). You can build the entire record at once like
> "rec[1] := (1, null)::typ;".

But if do like that, the rec[1].t2 will replaced by null.
Is there another way?

Thanks,
Huong,

Re: Equivalent syntax of PL/SQL using array in PL/pgSQL

От
Dang Minh Huong
Дата:
Hi,

2013/11/15 0:43、David Johnston <polobo@yahoo.com> のメッセージ:

> bocap wrote
>
> You need to stay one-level higher and re-build the entire typ entry then
> assign it back to the array at the same position.
>
> rec[1] = (1, rec[1].t2)::typ;

Thanks. I think, i can solve it with this way.

> David J.
>

> --

Regards,
Huong,

Re: Equivalent syntax of PL/SQL using array in PL/pgSQL

От
Elliot
Дата:
On 2013-11-14 10:56, Dang Minh Huong wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2013/11/15 0:38、Elliot <yields.falsehood@gmail.com> のメッセージ:
>
>>> On 2013-11-14 10:32, Dang Minh Huong wrote:
>>> Hi,

>>> Sorry for this miss.
>>> Yes, typ is the type and rec is the variable.
>>> I only want to assign a value to rec[1].t1.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Huong,
>> I can't recall a source on this but I'm not sure you can assign to
>> composite types' members in plpgsql
> I think so too.
>
>> (unlike in straight sql where update
>> set rec.t1 := 1 is valid). You can build the entire record at once like
>> "rec[1] := (1, null)::typ;".
>>
> But if do like that, the rec[1].t2 will replaced by null.
> Is there another way?
>
> Thanks,
> Huong,

Yes - see David Johnston's response

Re: Equivalent syntax of PL/SQL using array in PL/pgSQL

От
Sergey Konoplev
Дата:
On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 7:13 AM, Dang Minh Huong <kakalot49@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am using PostgreSQL 9.1 and get a syntax error with the following PL/pgSQL clause.
> Is there any equivalent syntax in PL/pgSQL to solve it.
>
> ------
> rec typ[];
> (typ[1]).t1 := 1;
> ------

You can easily make different tricks with records using the hstore
module [1]. Just like this:

[local]:5432 grayhemp@grayhemp=# \d a
       Table "public.a"
 Column |  Type   | Modifiers
--------+---------+-----------
 id     | integer | not null
 n      | name    |

[local]:5432 grayhemp@grayhemp=# do $$
declare rec a[];
begin
    rec[1] := (1, 'a')::a;
    rec[2] := (2, 'b')::a;
    rec[1] := rec[1] #= (hstore('id', 3::text) || hstore('n', null));
    raise info '% %', rec[1].id, rec[1].n;
end $$;
INFO:  3 <NULL>
DO

[1] http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/hstore.html

--
Kind regards,
Sergey Konoplev

http://www.linkedin.com/in/grayhemp
+1 (415) 867-9984, +7 (901) 903-0499, +7 (988) 888-1979
gray.ru@gmail.com

Re: Equivalent syntax of PL/SQL using array in PL/pgSQL

От
Dang Minh Huong
Дата:
Thank you all for your support.

2013/11/15 3:40、Sergey Konoplev <gray.ru@gmail.com> のメッセージ:

>> On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 7:13 AM, Dang Minh Huong <kakalot49@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I am using PostgreSQL 9.1 and get a syntax error with the following PL/pgSQL clause.
>> Is there any equivalent syntax in PL/pgSQL to solve it.
>>
>> ------
>> rec typ[];
>> (typ[1]).t1 := 1;
>> ------
>
> You can easily make different tricks with records using the hstore
> module [1]. Just like this:
>
> [local]:5432 grayhemp@grayhemp=# \d a
>       Table "public.a"
> Column |  Type   | Modifiers
> --------+---------+-----------
> id     | integer | not null
> n      | name    |
>
> [local]:5432 grayhemp@grayhemp=# do $$
> declare rec a[];
> begin
>    rec[1] := (1, 'a')::a;
>    rec[2] := (2, 'b')::a;
>    rec[1] := rec[1] #= (hstore('id', 3::text) || hstore('n', null));
>    raise info '% %', rec[1].id, rec[1].n;
> end $$;
> INFO:  3 <NULL>
> DO
>
> [1] http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/hstore.html

Thanks, i will try it.

> --
> Kind regards,
> Sergey Konoplev
> PostgreSQL Consultant and DBA
>
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/grayhemp
> +1 (415) 867-9984, +7 (901) 903-0499, +7 (988) 888-1979
> gray.ru@gmail.com

Thanks,
Huong,