Обсуждение: Got Associate Certification, what can i do or what i will going to receive?

Got Associate Certification, what can i do or what i will going to receive?

От
Oscar Calderon
Дата:
Hi, have a nice day everybody. Yesterday i took the PostgreSQL Associate Exam, and fortunately i got 76% in my exam (there are some topics that i still have to study and practice more) so i got the certification. I received an email with my score and a PDF diploma. That's nice, but i have some doubts:
  • I remember that there's some kind of website or portal where people can check if i'm really have a PostgreSQL certification, is that true? If that's true, i can fill some kind of profile or something like that, upload a photo and so on?
  • A couple of years ago i got the certification "Sun Certified Java Programmer", and i received 3 weeks later (i took the exam in a certificated place to do it here in El Salvador) a mail with a physical diploma and other stuff, i will receive something physical via mail or something like that?
  • When i got SCJP also i got right to use special JAVA logos on my signatures or PPTs, will i get something similar now that i got Associate Certification?
  • In general, what are the advantages or stuff that i have right now that i passed the exam, apart of the fact of being able to take the next certification, the knowledge and the boost for my CV?
  • About Professional Certification, why it's mandatory to buy the training?
Regards.

***************************
Oscar Calderon
Analista de Sistemas
Soluciones Aplicativas S.A. de C.V.
www.solucionesaplicativas.com
Cel. (503) 7741 7850 Tel. (503) 2522-2834

Re: Got Associate Certification, what can i do or what i will going to receive?

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 04/24/2014 05:08 AM, Oscar Calderon wrote:
> Hi, have a nice day everybody. Yesterday i took the PostgreSQL Associate
> Exam, and fortunately i got 76% in my exam (there are some topics that i
> still have to study and practice more) so i got the certification. I
> received an email with my score and a PDF diploma. That's nice, but i
> have some doubts:

Well first of all this is something offered by EnterpriseDB so you
should be in contact with them.

>   * I remember that there's some kind of website or portal where people
>     can check if i'm really have a PostgreSQL certification, is that
>     true? If that's true, i can fill some kind of profile or something
>     like that, upload a photo and so on?
>   * A couple of years ago i got the certification "Sun Certified Java
>     Programmer", and i received 3 weeks later (i took the exam in a
>     certificated place to do it here in El Salvador) a mail with a
>     physical diploma and other stuff, i will receive something physical
>     via mail or something like that?
>   * When i got SCJP also i got right to use special JAVA logos on my
>     signatures or PPTs, will i get something similar now that i got
>     Associate Certification?
>   * In general, what are the advantages or stuff that i have right now
>     that i passed the exam, apart of the fact of being able to take the
>     next certification, the knowledge and the boost for my CV?
>   * About Professional Certification, why it's mandatory to buy the
>     training?

Not sure it is:

http://www.enterprisedb.com/products-services-training/certification/postgresql-associate-certification

"Candidates to the Associate Certification exam are strongly encouraged
to complete the associated EnterpriseDB training course Introduction to
PostgreSQL Administration."

Strongly encouraged is not the same as mandatory.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: Got Associate Certification, what can i do or what i will going to receive?

От
Oscar Calderon

Hi Adrian thanks for your answer, and yees, you're right, is just that i haven't received an answer from them yet, that's why i sent this email to the mail list.

About requisites, those are for Associate Certification, i was asking about Professional Certification, as you can see here:

http://www.enterprisedb.com/store/products/dba-training/01t50000001NyiCAAS

It says that is one of the requisites.

Regards.

***************************
Oscar Calderon
Analista de Sistemas
Soluciones Aplicativas S.A de C.V
www.solucionesaplicativas.com
Cel.(503) 7741-7850   Tel.(503) 2522-2834
Sent from my Nexus 7

On Apr 24, 2014 7:35 AM, "Adrian Klaver" <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
[...]

Дата:
On 04/24/2014 07:10 AM, Oscar Calderon wrote:
> Hi Adrian thanks for your answer, and yees, you're right, is just that i
> haven't received an answer from them yet, that's why i sent this email
> to the mail list.

The important thing to understand here is that the Postgresql project is
not EnterpriseDB and vice versa.  Postgres is run by The PostgreSQL
Global Development Group which is separate non-profit organization.
EnterpriseDB is one of the companies that uses, supports and contributes
to the community. It also not the only organization offering
training/certification. The short version is that only the people at
EnterpriseDB in charge of training/certification have the answers to
your questions. Now there is a chance one or more of them is hanging out
on the list, but I would still expect that they would get in touch with
you via the certification process, not the list.

> About requisites, those are for Associate Certification, i was asking
> about Professional Certification, as you can see here:
>
> http://www.enterprisedb.com/store/products/dba-training/01t50000001NyiCAAS
>
> It says that is one of the requisites.

Ah, I was looking at the wrong certification then.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: Got Associate Certification, what can i do or what i will going to receive?

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Adrian Klaver wrote:
> On 04/24/2014 07:10 AM, Oscar Calderon wrote:
> >Hi Adrian thanks for your answer, and yees, you're right, is just that i
> >haven't received an answer from them yet, that's why i sent this email
> >to the mail list.
>
> The important thing to understand here is that the Postgresql
> project is not EnterpriseDB and vice versa.  Postgres is run by The
> PostgreSQL Global Development Group which is separate non-profit
> organization. EnterpriseDB is one of the companies that uses,
> supports and contributes to the community. It also not the only
> organization offering training/certification. The short version is
> that only the people at EnterpriseDB in charge of
> training/certification have the answers to your questions.

... in other words, please don't spam the lists with procedural
questions about one particular company's examination/certification
process.

--
Álvaro Herrera

Re: Got Associate Certification, what can i do or what i will going to receive?

От
Oscar Calderon

Yees, you're right. My apologizes.

Regards.