Обсуждение: What query currently running within function

What query currently running within function

От
Rebecca Clarke
Дата:
Hi all,

Presently I'm executing a function that runs many queries within it.

select * from _myfunction();

Is there a way to see what query it is up to within the function?
When I do a select of pg_stat_activity it just shows me the _myfunction() query.

I'm running postgresql 9.1

Thanks in advance.

Re: What query currently running within function

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:

Hi all,

Presently I'm executing a function that runs many queries within it.

select * from _myfunction();

Is there a way to see what query it is up to within the function?

Unfortunately, no. Even with the latest release. pg_stat_activity shows you what the client fires, not what the server does.

--

Re: What query currently running within function

От
Peter Geoghegan
Дата:
On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 2:45 AM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
> Unfortunately, no. Even with the latest release. pg_stat_activity shows you
> what the client fires, not what the server does.

pg_stat_statements has a "track" GUC which controls whether or not
nested statements, such as statements executed within functions are
tracked.

--
Regards,
Peter Geoghegan

Re: What query currently running within function

От
Merlin Moncure
Дата:
On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 4:36 AM, Rebecca Clarke <r.clarke83@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Presently I'm executing a function that runs many queries within it.
>
> select * from _myfunction();
>
> Is there a way to see what query it is up to within the function?
> When I do a select of pg_stat_activity it just shows me the _myfunction()
> query.
>
> I'm running postgresql 9.1
>
> Thanks in advance.

raise notices or warnings in the log.    if the function is sql and
not pl/pgsql, you can wrap the RAISE feature.

merlin