Обсуждение: Planet Postgres

Planet Postgres

От
Torsten Förtsch
Дата:
Hi,

I don't know if this is the right mailing list for my question but I
have already emailed planet@postgresql.org without any response.

What is the correct way to get a blog listed on planet postgres?

The documented way does not work. I registered my blog on Monday. It
still is in "Not approved yet" state. Yesterday I asked planet@... no
response.

So, what did I wrong?

Thanks,
Torsten

Re: Planet Postgres

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 10/30/2014 12:02 PM, Torsten Förtsch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't know if this is the right mailing list for my question but I
> have already emailed planet@postgresql.org without any response.
>
> What is the correct way to get a blog listed on planet postgres?
>
> The documented way does not work. I registered my blog on Monday. It
> still is in "Not approved yet" state. Yesterday I asked planet@... no
> response.
>
> So, what did I wrong?

Probably nothing, I would say you are waiting on step 4 from below to
happen.

http://planet.postgresql.org/add.html

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: Planet Postgres

От
Stephen Frost
Дата:
* Adrian Klaver (adrian.klaver@aklaver.com) wrote:
> On 10/30/2014 12:02 PM, Torsten Förtsch wrote:
> >I don't know if this is the right mailing list for my question but I
> >have already emailed planet@postgresql.org without any response.

That's the correct place to ask.  -general is not.

> >So, what did I wrong?
>
> Probably nothing, I would say you are waiting on step 4 from below
> to happen.
>
> http://planet.postgresql.org/add.html

Indeed.  The process is not automated and the moderators get to the blog
approval when they get a chance to.  Admittedly, it's usually faster,
but it'll get done.

    Thanks,

        Stephen

Вложения

Re: Planet Postgres

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 8:31 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> * Adrian Klaver (adrian.klaver@aklaver.com) wrote:
>> On 10/30/2014 12:02 PM, Torsten Förtsch wrote:
>> >I don't know if this is the right mailing list for my question but I
>> >have already emailed planet@postgresql.org without any response.
>
> That's the correct place to ask.  -general is not.
>
>> >So, what did I wrong?
>>
>> Probably nothing, I would say you are waiting on step 4 from below
>> to happen.
>>
>> http://planet.postgresql.org/add.html
>
> Indeed.  The process is not automated and the moderators get to the blog
> approval when they get a chance to.  Admittedly, it's usually faster,
> but it'll get done.

I think in this particular case, much of the blame can be placed on
"everybody" being at pgconf.eu last week, and struggling under
backlogs. But as Stephen says, the backlog will eventually get worked
through, and the moderation happen.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/

Re: Planet Postgres

От
Torsten Förtsch
Дата:
On 31/10/14 09:38, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> I think in this particular case, much of the blame can be placed on
> "everybody" being at pgconf.eu last week, and struggling under
> backlogs. But as Stephen says, the backlog will eventually get worked
> through, and the moderation happen.

I see. No problem, I'll just wait. BTW, the reason or rather the last
trigger to start the blog was pgconf.eu.

Thanks for organizing it.

Torsten