Обсуждение: TRUNCATE and CREATE TABLE LIKE for foreign tables

TRUNCATE and CREATE TABLE LIKE for foreign tables

От
sri harsha

   Is it possible to implement TRUNCATE and CREATE TABLE LIKE for a foreign table. Is there anyway i can write a function to implement those queries in my FDW ??

Thanks,
Harsha

Re: TRUNCATE and CREATE TABLE LIKE for foreign tables

От
Albe Laurenz
Дата:
sri harsha wrote:
> Is it possible to implement TRUNCATE and CREATE TABLE LIKE for a foreign table. Is there anyway i
> can write a function to implement those queries in my FDW ??

This is currently not possible, it would need an extension to the FDW API.

If you can come up with a good design, lobby for it in the hackers mailing list.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe