Обсуждение: Divergences in view source code - both servers 9.3.5

Divergences in view source code - both servers 9.3.5

От
Edson Richter
Дата:
I do have two servers running 9.3.5.
One server is CentOS 6.5 x64 with all updates.
The other server is Ubuntu 14.04-1 x64 with all updates.
Both run PostgreSQL 9.3.5 x64 - one installed using YUM, other with APT.

When I compare source code of the same view, I get the following differences:

On "Ubuntu" server:

( ( ( ( select
    e.id,
    e.nome as "empresa",
    '1. nfe'::text as "tipo",
    ( select sum(arquivosimportados.contasucesso) as sum

On CentOS server:

select
    e.id,
    e.nome as "empresa",
    '1. nfe'::text as "tipo",
    ( select sum(arquivosimportados.contasucesso) as sum

Why does the same CREATE VIEW statement result in different source codes in the server side?

Regards,
--
Atenciosamente,

Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter

Re: Divergences in view source code - both servers 9.3.5

Дата:
Edson Richter <edsonrichter@hotmail.com> writes:
> I do have two servers running 9.3.5.
> One server is CentOS 6.5 x64 with all updates.
> The other server is Ubuntu 14.04-1 x64 with all updates.
> Both run PostgreSQL 9.3.5 x64 - one installed using YUM, other with APT.

> When I compare source code of the same view, I get the following
> differences:

> *_On "Ubuntu" server:_*

> ( ( ( ( select
>      e.id,
>      e.nome as "empresa",
>      '1. nfe'::text as "tipo",
>      ( select sum(arquivosimportados.contasucesso) as sum

> _*On CentOS server:*_

> select
>      e.id,
>      e.nome as "empresa",
>      '1. nfe'::text as "tipo",
>      ( select sum(arquivosimportados.contasucesso) as sum

> Why does the same CREATE VIEW statement result in different source codes
> in the server side?

You've not shown us the whole output, but is this the first select
in a UNION (or INTERSECT or EXCEPT) nest?  If so, I'll bet a nickel
that that Ubuntu server is not actually running 9.3.5; try
"select version()" to confirm.  The CentOS server is returning what
I'd expect after commit 0652d77fb067137be22dc3e42aa60bffa26726ac.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Divergences in view source code - both servers 9.3.5

От
Edson Richter
Дата:
Right, Tom! (again :-) )
Ubuntu is running 9.3.4 (I've installed 9.3.5 - but for some reason, it
have not started).
I suppose I'll uninstall 9.3.4 and then install 9.3.5. Since it is a
development machine, I can do that safely.

Thanks for your fast and precise answer, as always!

On 08-12-2014 16:53, Tom Lane wrote:
> select version()

Re: Divergences in view source code - both servers 9.3.5

Дата:
Edson Richter <edsonrichter@hotmail.com> writes:
> Ubuntu is running 9.3.4 (I've installed 9.3.5 - but for some reason, it
> have not started).

You probably just didn't restart the server after updating the package.
I know that on Red Hat it's not customary for package updates to forcibly
restart daemons, and the same is likely true on Debian derivatives.

            regards, tom lane