Обсуждение: WAL supported extension

WAL supported extension

От
Kouhei Sutou
Дата:
Hi,

(Is this mailing list right mailing list for asking this
question...?)

Is there any plan to implement PostgreSQL API to implement
WAL supported extension?

Background:

I'm writing an extension(*) that provides index module for CJK
ready fast full-text search feature.

(*) PGroonga: https://github.com/pgroonga/pgroonga
(Sorry. README is written in Japanese for now.)

I want to add WAL support to the extension. But PostgreSQL
doesn't provide API to add an entry to RmgrTable. So I can't
implement WAL support to the extension.

Thanks,
--
kou

Re: WAL supported extension

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Sat, Jan 17, 2015 at 11:18 PM, Kouhei Sutou <kou@cozmixng.org> wrote:
> (Is this mailing list right mailing list for asking this
> question...?)
Hackers would have been fine as well.

> Is there any plan to implement PostgreSQL API to implement
> WAL supported extension?
Not that I know of, the last discussion I recall on the matter being this one:
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAPpHfdsXwZmojm6Dx+TJnpYk27kT4o7Ri6X_4OSWcByu1Rm+VA@mail.gmail.com
--
Michael

Re: WAL supported extension

От
Oleg Bartunov

On Sun, Jan 18, 2015 at 9:15 AM, Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sat, Jan 17, 2015 at 11:18 PM, Kouhei Sutou <kou@cozmixng.org> wrote:
> (Is this mailing list right mailing list for asking this
> question...?)
Hackers would have been fine as well.

> Is there any plan to implement PostgreSQL API to implement
> WAL supported extension?
Not that I know of, the last discussion I recall on the matter being this one:
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAPpHfdsXwZmojm6Dx+TJnpYk27kT4o7Ri6X_4OSWcByu1Rm+VA@mail.gmail.com
--

We are eager for development of this API.

Michael

Re: WAL supported extension

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
Oleg Bartunov wrote:
> We are eager for development of this API.
Yeah, me too actually :) Oleg, are there plans on your side to do
something in this area for 9.6?
--
Michael

Re: WAL supported extension

От
Oleg Bartunov

On Sun, Jan 18, 2015 at 2:01 PM, Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
Oleg Bartunov wrote:
> We are eager for development of this API.
Yeah, me too actually :) Oleg, are there plans on your side to do
something in this area for 9.6?

Yes, Alexander Korotkov will continue working on this. Are you coming Moscow for pgconf.ru ? We'll have a good time to discuss this.

Oleg

--
Michael

Re: WAL supported extension

От
Kouhei Sutou
Дата:
Hi,

In <CAB7nPqTjutzT==wHNrx5=4feRM9O=5-pH1ACavrVuT4WAbj1aA@mail.gmail.com>
  "Re: [GENERAL] WAL supported extension" on Sun, 18 Jan 2015 15:15:51 +0900,
  Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:

>> (Is this mailing list right mailing list for asking this
>> question...?)
> Hackers would have been fine as well.

Thanks for your advice. I'll use hackers mailing list at the
next time.

>> Is there any plan to implement PostgreSQL API to implement
>> WAL supported extension?
> Not that I know of, the last discussion I recall on the matter being this one:
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAPpHfdsXwZmojm6Dx+TJnpYk27kT4o7Ri6X_4OSWcByu1Rm+VA@mail.gmail.com

Thanks for the information.
It's what I want.

Thanks,