Обсуждение: How to get total count of queries hitting DB per day or per hour?

How to get total count of queries hitting DB per day or per hour?

От
"Sheena, Prabhjot"

Guys

              Is there a way to get total count of queries hitting Postgresql DB(verison 9.3) per day or per hour ? I cannot turn on log_statement=all coz that’s too much logging for our log file to handle. Is there another way to do that.

Thanks

Prabhjot

Re: How to get total count of queries hitting DB per day or per hour?

От
Andy Colson
Дата:
On 7/9/2015 1:04 PM, Sheena, Prabhjot wrote:
> Guys
>
>                Is there a way to get total count of queries hitting
> Postgresql DB(verison 9.3) per day or per hour ? I cannot turn on
> log_statement=all coz that’s too much logging for our log file to
> handle. Is there another way to do that.
>
> Thanks
>
> Prabhjot

My collectd config:

<Plugin postgresql>
     <Query ttlbackends>
         Statement "SELECT sum(numbackends) AS count, sum(xact_commit)
as ttlcommit FROM pg_stat_database;"
         <Result>
             Type "pg_numbackends"
             ValuesFrom "count"
         </Result>
         <Result>
             Type "pg_xact"
             ValuesFrom "ttlcommit"
         </Result>
     </Query>

     <Database postgres>
         #Interval 60
         Host "/tmp"
         Port "5432"
         SSLMode "disable"
         Query ttlbackends
     </Database>
</Plugin>

Re: How to get total count of queries hitting DB per day or per hour?

От
Scott Marlowe
Дата:
On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 12:04 PM, Sheena, Prabhjot
<Prabhjot.Singh@classmates.com> wrote:
> Guys
>
>               Is there a way to get total count of queries hitting
> Postgresql DB(verison 9.3) per day or per hour ? I cannot turn on
> log_statement=all coz that’s too much logging for our log file to handle. Is
> there another way to do that.

If you just need totals, turn on just log_duration and then you can
grep the logs etc for that.

Re: How to get total count of queries hitting DB per day or per hour?

От
"Sheena, Prabhjot"
Дата:
I did try that but that’s too much logging as well.

Prabhjot Singh
Database Administrator

CLASSMATES
1501 4th Ave., Suite 400
Seattle, WA 98101
206.301.4937 o
206.301.5701 f

>               Is there a way to get total count of queries hitting
> Postgresql DB(verison 9.3) per day or per hour ? I cannot turn on
> log_statement=all coz that’s too much logging for our log file to
> handle. Is there another way to do that.

If you just need totals, turn on just log_duration and then you can grep the logs etc for that.

Re: How to get total count of queries hitting DB per day or per hour?

От
Melvin Davidson
Дата:
Run two cron jobs, each runs exacty 24 hours apart.
Each gets the result of the following query:

SELECT SUM(xact_commit + xact_rollback)
  FROM pg_stat_database;

 Then subtract the result of the first cron from the second.
 That's the number of transactions in a 24 hr period.

On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 4:07 PM, Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 12:04 PM, Sheena, Prabhjot
<Prabhjot.Singh@classmates.com> wrote:
> Guys
>
>               Is there a way to get total count of queries hitting
> Postgresql DB(verison 9.3) per day or per hour ? I cannot turn on
> log_statement=all coz that’s too much logging for our log file to handle. Is
> there another way to do that.

If you just need totals, turn on just log_duration and then you can
grep the logs etc for that.

Melvin Davidson

Re: How to get total count of queries hitting DB per day or per hour?

От
"Sheena, Prabhjot"

Thanks a lot. That’s what I am looking for

Thanks

Prabhjot Singh

Run two cron jobs, each runs exacty 24 hours apart.
Each gets the result of the following query:

SELECT SUM(xact_commit + xact_rollback)
  FROM pg_stat_database;

 Then subtract the result of the first cron from the second.
 That's the number of transactions in a 24 hr period.

On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 4:07 PM, Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> wrote:

On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 12:04 PM, Sheena, Prabhjot
<Prabhjot.Singh@classmates.com> wrote:
> Guys
>
>               Is there a way to get total count of queries hitting
> Postgresql DB(verison 9.3) per day or per hour ? I cannot turn on
> log_statement=all coz that’s too much logging for our log file to handle. Is
> there another way to do that.

If you just need totals, turn on just log_duration and then you can
grep the logs etc for that.

Melvin Davidson
Image removed by sender.

Вложения

Re: How to get total count of queries hitting DB per day or per hour?

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 07/09/2015 01:26 PM, Sheena, Prabhjot wrote:
> Thanks a lot. That’s what I am looking for

Might also want to look at:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/pgstatstatements.html

--
Adrian Klaver