Обсуждение: Support for BDR in 9.5?

Support for BDR in 9.5?

От
"Andrew Biggs (adb)"
Дата:
Can anyone tell me if PostgreSQL 9.5 supports (either natively or by extension) the BDR functionality?

I tried it out and ran into issues, but it could well have been I was doing something wrong.

Thanks!
Andrew

Re: Support for BDR in 9.5?

От
Rob Sargent

On 01/08/2016 10:39 AM, Andrew Biggs (adb) wrote:
Can anyone tell me if PostgreSQL 9.5 supports (either natively or by extension) the BDR functionality?

I tried it out and ran into issues, but it could well have been I was doing something wrong.

Thanks!
Andrew

I'm sure those who might be able to help you would be interested in what, exactly, it was you tried.

Re: Support for BDR in 9.5?

От
"Andrew Biggs (adb)"
Дата:
On 1/8/16, 10:53 AM, Rob Sargent wrote:

On 01/08/2016 10:39 AM, Andrew Biggs (adb) wrote:
Can anyone tell me if PostgreSQL 9.5 supports (either natively or by extension) the BDR functionality?

I tried it out and ran into issues, but it could well have been I was doing something wrong.

Thanks!
Andrew

I'm sure those who might be able to help you would be interested in what, exactly, it was you tried.

Installed 9.5 to CentOS7 via yum, and tried going through the BDR quick-start guide (minus sections 2.1):

It was unhappy that BDR binaries were not on the path, and failed at section 2.4.

Then went back and tried installing the BDR patch (section 2.1) which finished with this unhappy message:

        configure: error: bdr is not compatible with postgres 9.5

I was just curious if others have had success with this.

Andrew

Re: Support for BDR in 9.5?

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
On 01/08/2016 10:42 AM, Andrew Biggs (adb) wrote:

> Installed 9.5 to CentOS7 via yum, and tried going through the BDR
> quick-start guide (minus sections 2.1):
>
> http://bdr-project.org/docs/stable/quickstart.html
>
> It was unhappy that BDR binaries were not on the path, and failed at
> section 2.4.
>
> Then went back and tried installing the BDR patch (section 2.1) which
> finished with this unhappy message:
>
>          configure: error: bdr is not compatible with postgres 9.5
>
> I was just curious if others have had success with this.

Although many of the components of BDR are in 9.5, BDR itself is still
currently a fork. It can be downloaded from 2ndQuadrant. In theory it
will be available in 9.6.

JD

Re: Support for BDR in 9.5?

От
Roland van Laar

On January 8, 2016 7:42:06 PM GMT+01:00, "Andrew Biggs (adb)" <adb@cisco.com> wrote:
>On 1/8/16, 10:53 AM, Rob Sargent wrote:
>
>On 01/08/2016 10:39 AM, Andrew Biggs (adb) wrote:
>Can anyone tell me if PostgreSQL 9.5 supports (either natively or by
>extension) the BDR functionality?
>
>I tried it out and ran into issues, but it could well have been I was
>doing something wrong.
>
>Thanks!
>Andrew
>
>I'm sure those who might be able to help you would be interested in
>what, exactly, it was you tried.
>
>Installed 9.5 to CentOS7 via yum, and tried going through the BDR
>quick-start guide (minus sections 2.1):
>
>        http://bdr-project.org/docs/stable/quickstart.html
>
>It was unhappy that BDR binaries were not on the path, and failed at
>section 2.4.
>
>Then went back and tried installing the BDR patch (section 2.1) which
>finished with this unhappy message:
>
>        configure: error: bdr is not compatible with postgres 9.5
>
>I was just curious if others have had success with this.

Bdr is only compatible with 9.4 and needs the specific bdr postgres.

Roland

>Andrew

Re: Support for BDR in 9.5?

От
Andreas Kretschmer
Дата:
Afaik no, you have to use 9.4.

Am 8. Januar 2016 18:39:07 MEZ, schrieb "Andrew Biggs (adb)" <adb@cisco.com>:
Can anyone tell me if PostgreSQL 9.5 supports (either natively or by extension) the BDR functionality?

I tried it out and ran into issues, but it could well have been I was doing something wrong.

Thanks!
Andrew

Re: Support for BDR in 9.5?

От
Simon Riggs
Дата:
On 8 January 2016 at 18:56, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
On 01/08/2016 10:42 AM, Andrew Biggs (adb) wrote:

Installed 9.5 to CentOS7 via yum, and tried going through the BDR
quick-start guide (minus sections 2.1):

http://bdr-project.org/docs/stable/quickstart.html

It was unhappy that BDR binaries were not on the path, and failed at
section 2.4.

Then went back and tried installing the BDR patch (section 2.1) which
finished with this unhappy message:

         configure: error: bdr is not compatible with postgres 9.5

I was just curious if others have had success with this.

Although many of the components of BDR are in 9.5, BDR itself is still currently a fork. It can be downloaded from 2ndQuadrant. In theory it will be available in 9.6.

BDR 9.4 is currently at v0.9.3. There isn't a BDR 9.5, since we concentrated on pglogical.

pglogical works with 9.4 and 9.5 and is currently at v1.0

Future detailed planning for BDR and pglogical is happening now; there definitely will be future versions with increasing PostgreSQL compatibility.

Re: Support for BDR in 9.5?

От
"Andrew Biggs (adb)"
Дата:
On 1/8/16, 12:51 PM, "Simon Riggs" <simon@2ndQuadrant.com> wrote:

[...]

Got it.  Thanks guys, very much appreciated!