Обсуждение: commit time in logical decoding

commit time in logical decoding

От
Weiping Qu
Дата:
Dear postgresql general mailing list,

I am currently using the logical decoding feature (version 9.6 I think
as far as I found in the source, wal_level: logical,
max_replication_slot: > 1, track_commit_timestamp: on, I am not sure
whether this will help or not).
Following the online documentation, everything works fine until I input

SELECT * FROM pg_logical_slot_peek_changes('regression_slot', NULL,
NULL, 'include-timestamp', 'on');

I always got 1999-12-31 16:00 as the commit time for arbitrary
transactions with DML statements.
After several tries, I realize that the txn->commit_time returned was
always 0.
Could you help me by indicating me what could be wrong in my case? Any
missing parameters set?

Thank you in advance,
Kind Regards,
Weiping

Re: commit time in logical decoding

От
Artur Zakirov
Дата:
Hello, Weiping

It seems that it is a bug. Thank you for report. I guess it will be
fixed soon.

--
Artur Zakirov
Russian Postgres Company

Re: commit time in logical decoding

От
Weiping Qu
Дата:
Hello Artur,

Thank you for your reply.
Should it work in a stable version like Postgresql 9.4, since it's
enough for me and I don't care whether it's 9.6 or 9.5.
Nevertheless I will try it using 9.4.

Regards,
Weiping

On 01.03.2016 22:04, Artur Zakirov wrote:
> Hello, Weiping
>
> It seems that it is a bug. Thank you for report. I guess it will be
> fixed soon.
>
> On 01.03.2016 17:36, Weiping Qu wrote:
>> Dear postgresql general mailing list,
>>
>> I am currently using the logical decoding feature (version 9.6 I think
>> as far as I found in the source, wal_level: logical,
>> max_replication_slot: > 1, track_commit_timestamp: on, I am not sure
>> whether this will help or not).
>> Following the online documentation, everything works fine until I input
>>
>> SELECT * FROM pg_logical_slot_peek_changes('regression_slot', NULL,
>> NULL, 'include-timestamp', 'on');
>>

>> I always got 1999-12-31 16:00 as the commit time for arbitrary
>> transactions with DML statements.
>> After several tries, I realize that the txn->commit_time returned was
>> always 0.
>> Could you help me by indicating me what could be wrong in my case? Any
>> missing parameters set?
>>
>> Thank you in advance,
>> Kind Regards,
>> Weiping

Re: commit time in logical decoding

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Weiping Qu wrote:
> Hello Artur,
>
> Thank you for your reply.
> Should it work in a stable version like Postgresql 9.4, since it's enough
> for me and I don't care whether it's 9.6 or 9.5.
> Nevertheless I will try it using 9.4.

Yes, it was introduced by a commit that's in 9.5 and up only, so 9.4
should behave as you expect.