Обсуждение: Regarding connection drops for every few minutes

Regarding connection drops for every few minutes

От
Durgamahesh Manne
Дата:
hi

the following info generating in pg_log

LOG:  could not receive data from client: Connection reset by peer
LOG:  could not receive data from client: Connection reset by peer
LOG:  could not receive data from client: Connection reset by peer
LOG:  could not receive data from client: Connection reset by peer

Can you please provide info to stop connection drops for every few minutes

do i need to change the value of tcp related parameter or else

ssl_renegotiation parameter
 please let me know sir

regards
maheh

Re: [pgsql-in-general] Regarding connection drops for every few minutes

От
John Purdie

Please unsubscirbe

LOG:  could not receive data from client: Connection reset by peer

LOG:  could not receive data from client: Connection reset by peer

LOG:  could not receive data from client: Connection reset by peer

LOG:  could not receive data from client: Connection reset by peer

Can you please provide info to stop connection drops for every few minutes

do i need to change the value of tcp related parameter or else

ssl_renegotiation parameter

 please let me know sir

regards

maheh

Safer, Stronger, Smarter Networks
Connect With Us
LinkedIn
Twitter
Youtube
Facebook

DISCLAIMER:
This e-mail contains proprietary information, some or all of which maybe legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient you may not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail.

Stamp down our carbon footprint - think before you print.
The Copyright in this e-mail is the exclusive property of EA Technology Limited, Capenhurst, Chester CH1 6ES Registered in England No 2566313 http://www.eatechnology.com

Вложения

Re: Regarding connection drops for every few minutes

От
John R Pierce
Дата:
On 3/11/2016 1:04 AM, Durgamahesh Manne wrote:
> Connection reset by peer

that TCP/IP error means the client disconnected without cleanly closing
the socket.   It can also happen if something in the network between the
client and the server dropped the connection.

Re: Regarding connection drops for every few minutes

От
John R Pierce
Дата:
On 3/11/2016 1:50 AM, Durgamahesh Manne wrote:
 Thanks for quick response .as per above conversation. for which parameter i can comment to resolve the  issue & please specify the value of parameter sir

LOG:  could not receive data from client: Connection reset by peer

your client is disconnecting without closing, thats all that error says, it doesn't say why this is happening, and without knowing why, there's no way to suggest a fix.

I suppose you could try setting tcp_keepalives_idle, if your connections are staying idle for a long time and your OS doesn't default to using tcp_keepalive, this could help.

I have no idea what a suitable value is, you didn't specify an operating system, a postgres version, what API your client is using, or if this is a localhost vs a LAN vs an internet connection, or really much of anything else..

btw, please reply to the list,  not to me privately, thank you.

Re: Regarding connection drops for every few minutes

От
Durgamahesh Manne
Дата:
Hi Sir

As per above discussion.....GOOD response from PostgreSQL

i am very happy to work on PostgreSQL.Super fast response only from postgres team regarding i asked any question related to postgres

regards
mahesh

On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 3:28 PM, John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com> wrote:
[...]

Scott Marlowe
Дата:
On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 3:22 AM, Durgamahesh Manne
<maheshpostgres9@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Sir
>
> As per above discussion.....GOOD response from PostgreSQL
>
> i am very happy to work on PostgreSQL.Super fast response only from postgres
> team regarding i asked any question related to postgres
>
> regards
> mahesh
>
> On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 3:28 PM, John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 3/11/2016 1:50 AM, Durgamahesh Manne wrote:
>>
>>  Thanks for quick response .as per above conversation. for which parameter
>> i can comment to resolve the  issue & please specify the value of parameter
>> sir
>>
>> LOG:  could not receive data from client: Connection reset by peer
>>

>> your client is disconnecting without closing, thats all that error says,
>> it doesn't say why this is happening, and without knowing why, there's no
>> way to suggest a fix.
>>
>> I suppose you could try setting tcp_keepalives_idle, if your connections
>> are staying idle for a long time and your OS doesn't default to using
>> tcp_keepalive, this could help.
>>
>> I have no idea what a suitable value is, you didn't specify an operating
>> system, a postgres version, what API your client is using, or if this is a
>> localhost vs a LAN vs an internet connection, or really much of anything
>> else..
>>

>> btw, please reply to the list,  not to me privately, thank you.

You could also be getting bitten by a network timeout here. If a
connection sits idle for a while a firewall could be dropping the tcp
connection. You can often work around this with lower tcp_keepalive
timeout values.