Обсуждение: pg_dumpall

pg_dumpall

От
Andrew Martin
Дата:
I've dumped a 6.1 database using the pg_dumpall from 6.3 to load into
6.3.

The format of the data to be copied into pg_user is wrong - there are
not enough columns. I guess this may be a problem from having skipped
out 6.2, but it would be nice if it worked properly :-)

Also one of the column names I had used in my old database is no longer
allowed ('local'). Again, it would be nice if pg_dumpall could spot
no-longer allowed column names and warn the user rather than having
psql crash when one tries to import the data and then having to trace
back to where the problem was...

Best wishes,

Andrew
Dr. Andrew C.R. Martin                             University College London
EMAIL: (Work) martin@biochem.ucl.ac.uk    (Home) andrew@stagleys.demon.co.uk
Tel:   (Work) +44(0)171 419 3890                    (Home) +44(0)1372 275775

Re: [HACKERS] pg_dumpall

От
Bruce Momjian

> I've dumped a 6.1 database using the pg_dumpall from 6.3 to load into
> 6.3.
>
> The format of the data to be copied into pg_user is wrong - there are
> not enough columns. I guess this may be a problem from having skipped
> out 6.2, but it would be nice if it worked properly :-)
>
> Also one of the column names I had used in my old database is no longer
> allowed ('local'). Again, it would be nice if pg_dumpall could spot
> no-longer allowed column names and warn the user rather than having
> psql crash when one tries to import the data and then having to trace
> back to where the problem was...

Yikes, we never changed pg_user to pg_shadow in pg_dumpall.  Isn't that
the real problem.  Need to have that patched, or people will not be able
to upgrade.  Applying patch now.

Do I put this patch in the patches directory?

Re: [HACKERS] pg_dumpall

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
On Fri, 6 Mar 1998, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > I've dumped a 6.1 database using the pg_dumpall from 6.3 to load into
> > 6.3.
> >
> > The format of the data to be copied into pg_user is wrong - there are
> > not enough columns. I guess this may be a problem from having skipped
> > out 6.2, but it would be nice if it worked properly :-)
> >
> > Also one of the column names I had used in my old database is no longer
> > allowed ('local'). Again, it would be nice if pg_dumpall could spot
> > no-longer allowed column names and warn the user rather than having
> > psql crash when one tries to import the data and then having to trace
> > back to where the problem was...
>
> Yikes, we never changed pg_user to pg_shadow in pg_dumpall.  Isn't that
> the real problem.  Need to have that patched, or people will not be able
> to upgrade.  Applying patch now.
>
> Do I put this patch in the patches directory?

    Yes...Neil, can you put a "patches page" up on the WWW site,
linked to the main page, that lists the patches as well as a short
description of what each one does?

    Bruce, can you get me a patch for this?  I'm going to review the
patches that I do have now, and the ones that look perfectly safe (ie. I
have no doubt about), will get included on the CD rom also...not as part
of the source, just as a seperate file to be used...