Обсуждение: Postgres 6.3 still has problem with the index

Postgres 6.3 still has problem with the index

От
AliE@atlas.com
Дата:
We were under the impression that the 6.3 resolved the index corruption
issue with regard to large tables(BTP_CHAIN). The problem still exist
and our table indices are still corrupting every night.  We are very
desperate and need your help to resolve this issue. Our database size is
about 80M and growing. We have one particular table (User_Account) about
12M, that is heavily accessed and updated. Almost every time the number
of simultaneous access increases, the index on this table corrupts. What
type of information can I present to you to help resolve this issue.

Sincerely

Ali Ebrahimi
Atlas Field Support Manager

Re: [HACKERS] Postgres 6.3 still has problem with the index

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
On Mon, 4 May 1998 AliE@atlas.com wrote:

> We were under the impression that the 6.3 resolved the index corruption
> issue with regard to large tables(BTP_CHAIN). The problem still exist
> and our table indices are still corrupting every night.  We are very
> desperate and need your help to resolve this issue. Our database size is
> about 80M and growing. We have one particular table (User_Account) about
> 12M, that is heavily accessed and updated. Almost every time the number
> of simultaneous access increases, the index on this table corrupts. What
> type of information can I present to you to help resolve this issue.

    v6.3 or v6.3.2?

    I had a problem with this on our server for the longest time, to
the extent that I added code that tells you which index is corrupted (if
it doesn't tell you, you are running an older version)...

    v6.3.2, I believe, cleared it up...

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org