Обсуждение: anon cvs and specific versions/releases

anon cvs and specific versions/releases

От
Maarten Boekhold
Дата:
Hi,

is there a way to get a specific release out of the repository? Say I
want to get 6.3.2 from the repository, or 6.2, how would I proceed?

Maarten

| TU Delft, The Netherlands, Faculty of Information Technology and Systems  |
|                   Department of Electrical Engineering                    |
|           Computer Architecture and Digital Technique section             |
|                          M.Boekhold@et.tudelft.nl                         |

Re: [HACKERS] anon cvs and specific versions/releases

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
On Sat, 30 May 1998, Maarten Boekhold wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is there a way to get a specific release out of the repository? Say I
> want to get 6.3.2 from the repository, or 6.2, how would I proceed?

    You'll want to check the man pages for most of the details, but
look up the use of 'cvs log' to determine what tags are available, and
'cvs checkout -D' to specify a *date* that you want to pull from, or 'cvs
checkout -r' to specify a 'tag'

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Re: [HACKERS] anon cvs and specific versions/releases

От
Bruce Momjian

> Hi,
>
> is there a way to get a specific release out of the repository? Say I
> want to get 6.3.2 from the repository, or 6.2, how would I proceed?
>
> Maarten

CHeck the cvs manual page.  You can use -d, or there is probably a tag
for those releases.

Re: [HACKERS] anon cvs and specific versions/releases

От
Brett McCormick
Дата:
btw, should I be hacking on the latest CVS snapshot?

Re: [HACKERS] anon cvs and specific versions/releases

От
Bruce Momjian

> btw, should I be hacking on the latest CVS snapshot?

Sure, why not.

Re: [HACKERS] anon cvs and specific versions/releases

От
Brett McCormick
Дата:
Originally my SSL patch was for users of 6.3.2.
But now that I'm doing some communication cleanup...

On Sat, 30 May 1998, at 21:52:30, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Sure, why not.
>
> --
> Bruce Momjian                          |  830 Blythe Avenue
> maillist@candle.pha.pa.us              |  Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania 19026
>   +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  (610) 353-9879(w)
>   +  Christ can be your backup.        |  (610) 853-3000(h)

Re: [HACKERS] anon cvs and specific versions/releases

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
On Sat, 30 May 1998, Brett McCormick wrote:

> btw, should I be hacking on the latest CVS snapshot?

    Always...else bringing in patches is a major headache :)