Обсуждение: AW: [HACKERS] "internal error" triggered by EXISTS()

AW: [HACKERS] "internal error" triggered by EXISTS()

От
Andreas Zeugswetter

>> We only support subqueries in the target list.  May have that expaned
>> for 6.4.
>
>Not sure that EXISTS is allowed in target list...

The standard does not allow it, but it might be a nifty feature if it returned a boolean true or false.

Andreas

Re: AW: [HACKERS] "internal error" triggered by EXISTS()

От
Vadim Mikheev
Дата:
Andreas Zeugswetter wrote:

> >> We only support subqueries in the target list.  May have that expaned
> >> for 6.4.
> >
> >Not sure that EXISTS is allowed in target list...
>
> The standard does not allow it, but it might be a nifty feature if
> it returned a boolean true or false.

I don't foresee problems with this.
BTW, shouldn't we allow the same for IN, ANY and ALL?

select ..., x in (...), ...

Vadim