Обсуждение: Re: [HACKERS] Last call?

Re: [HACKERS] Last call?

От
"Thomas G. Lockhart"
Дата:
> >_  FreeBSD 2.2.x-3.x
> >_  NetBSD 1.3
> >_  HPUX 9.x
> >_  HPUX 10.20

Hi Stan. I have a recent report of success on NetBSD-1.3.2/x86; don't
know which CPU or OS rev you are running and I still need reports for
NS32532, Sparc, and VAX variants. Also, the HPUX ones have one report
each (along with some patches to get the hp compiler to work with it;
these are now in the main tree).

I haven't gotten a report yet for FreeBSD (I'm guessing that I may see
one from Marc/scrappy), and I'd like to see a second report for the
other three, but they aren't absolutely essential.

So, I still need FreeBSD and, depending on your NetBSD rev and
environment, that one too.

TIA
                    - Tom

Re: [HACKERS] Last call?

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
On Mon, 26 Oct 1998, Thomas G. Lockhart wrote:

> > >_  FreeBSD 2.2.x-3.x
> > >_  NetBSD 1.3
> > >_  HPUX 9.x
> > >_  HPUX 10.20
>
> Hi Stan. I have a recent report of success on NetBSD-1.3.2/x86; don't
> know which CPU or OS rev you are running and I still need reports for
> NS32532, Sparc, and VAX variants. Also, the HPUX ones have one report
> each (along with some patches to get the hp compiler to work with it;
> these are now in the main tree).
>
> I haven't gotten a report yet for FreeBSD (I'm guessing that I may see
> one from Marc/scrappy), and I'd like to see a second report for the
> other three, but they aren't absolutely essential.
>
> So, I still need FreeBSD and, depending on your NetBSD rev and
> environment, that one too.Building and doing regression tests as i type...

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Re: [HACKERS] Last call?

От
Tom Ivar Helbekkmo
Дата:
"Thomas G. Lockhart" <lockhart@alumni.caltech.edu> writes:

> Hi Stan. I have a recent report of success on NetBSD-1.3.2/x86; don't
> know which CPU or OS rev you are running and I still need reports for
> NS32532, Sparc, and VAX variants.

I'll try to find time to regression test NetBSD/sparc tonight.  My VAX
is having problems right now, so that won't be possible, I'm afraid.
No real reason to think it should be broken, but I guess it'll just
have to be listed as unsupported, but probably OK.

-tih
--
Popularity is the hallmark of mediocrity.  --Niles Crane, "Frasier"

Re: [HACKERS] Last call?

От
"Thomas G. Lockhart"
Дата:
> I'll try to find time to regression test NetBSD/sparc tonight.  My VAX
> is having problems right now, so that won't be possible, I'm afraid.
> No real reason to think it should be broken, but I guess it'll just
> have to be listed as unsupported, but probably OK.

I'm planning on leaving the supported machine info the same, so it will
show that it was tested under v6.3.x. I'll also have a comment that
machines which worked on v6.3 should work on v6.4. But of course it
would be best to get new info when possible.
                  - Tom^H^H^HThomas