Обсуждение: Question on concurrency controls

Question on concurrency controls

От
Steve Frampton
Hello:

I'd like to learn a bit about how concurrency control is managed by
PostgreSQL, for a project I'm starting.  I looked over the documentation,
FAQs, features lists, etc. on the postgresql web site but they are aimed
more toward users and application programmers than tech-heads who want to
look under the hood.

I'm just wondering (a) what scheme(s) PostgreSQL uses (eg. two-phase
locking, timestamp, etc.), (b) what recovery procedures are available, and
(c) what source code modules I should concentrate looking at to see how
these controls have been implemented.

Thanks in advance.

--------------< LINUX: The choice of a GNU generation. >--------------
Steve Frampton  <3srf@qlink.queensu.ca>  http://qlink.queensu.ca/~3srf

Re: Question on concurrency controls

От
Steve Frampton
Hello:

Is it true that there is no support for row-level locking at this time?
Is this something that is being worked on?

Thanks...

--------------< LINUX: The choice of a GNU generation. >--------------
Steve Frampton  <3srf@qlink.queensu.ca>  http://qlink.queensu.ca/~3srf

Re: [HACKERS] Re: Question on concurrency controls

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
On Sun, 1 Nov 1998, Steve Frampton wrote:

> Hello:
>
> Is it true that there is no support for row-level locking at this time?
> Is this something that is being worked on?
Yes, and yes...
Vadim has it planned for v6.5...v6.4 is just about to be released,
with v6.5 being released first third new year :)

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Re: [HACKERS] Re: Question on concurrency controls

От
Theo Kramer

> On Sun, 1 Nov 1998, Steve Frampton wrote:
>
> > Is it true that there is no support for row-level locking at this time?
> > Is this something that is being worked on?
>
>     Yes, and yes...
>
>     Vadim has it planned for v6.5...v6.4 is just about to be released,
> with v6.5 being released first third new year :)

Interesting... please let me know what levels of concurrency are available ?
Alternatively is there documentation describing concurrency?

Regards
Theo