Обсуждение: cvs problem

cvs problem

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
I am getting signal 10/bus error on cvs checkouts.  Looks like others
are having the same problem.

Pennsylvania19026

Re: [HACKERS] cvs problem

От
jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)

> I am getting signal 10/bus error on cvs checkouts.  Looks like others
> are having the same problem.

    Right. Happens in pgsql/bin/psql and seems to be at psql.c.

    There are many rfl files in the repositories directory.

Jan

Re: [HACKERS] cvs problem

От
jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Дата:
It's  very  interesting.  I've used gdb -core with one of the
    core files on the server. It happens in rcs.c:935, there  are
    sanity  checks  that  the  pointer is valid. I can't find the
    cvs-1.9.27 sources on hub.org, so I grabbed my  private  copy
    local.

    It  happend while cvs parses the head of psql.c,v (the rcsbuf
    contains just the first portion of that file). The file looks
    O.K.  for  me, and an rlog is happy with it, so I don't think
    the repository file is corrupt.

    But it's really funny. The char *ptr is set from  rcsbuf->ptr
    2  lines  above.  The  values  in rcsbuf look O.K. (gdb print
    *rcsbuf), but ptr definitely is wrong. I cannot  imagine  how
    this happens.

    Marc,  could  you take a look at it and eventually upgrade to
    cvs-1.10 on hub.org?

    BTW: I removed most of the read lock files in  pgsql/bin/psql
    (after  being  sure  they  are  dead  ones).  But the problem
    remains.

Jan

Re: cvs problem

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
I'm on top of it...saw the problem last night, haven't been able, yet, to
determine the why...

On Mon, 23 Nov 1998, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> I am getting signal 10/bus error on cvs checkouts.  Looks like others
> are having the same problem.
>
> --
>   Bruce Momjian                        |  http://www.op.net/~candle
>   maillist@candle.pha.pa.us            |  (610) 853-3000

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Re: [HACKERS] cvs problem

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
On Mon, 23 Nov 1998, Jan Wieck wrote:

> > I am getting signal 10/bus error on cvs checkouts.  Looks like others
> > are having the same problem.
>
>     Right. Happens in pgsql/bin/psql and seems to be at psql.c.
>
>     There are many rfl files in the repositories directory.

The rfl files are what is left behind after the core dump...

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Re: [HACKERS] cvs problem

От
"Thomas G. Lockhart"
Дата:
>     Right. Happens in pgsql/bin/psql and seems to be at psql.c.
>     There are many rfl files in the repositories directory.

Yes. The problem occurred when I was doing a commit toward the end of
last week. I got a segfault from cvs when committing a change to psql.c
(and another file which seems to have been committed OK).

I posted a private message at the time to Marc and Bruce with the
problem statement, and have not seen a response. I also didn't know if
the problem would impact others trying to checkout. It apparently does
:(

I got a cvs core dump when trying to commit that file, even after
blowing away the cvs lock files and retrying. Don't know what to try
next, but had hoped that I would hear back from Marc. fwiw that file is
very large compared to many of the other files...
                    - Tom

btw, would my cvsup'd cvs repository file be an appropriate substitute
to help fix the server?

Re: [HACKERS] cvs problem

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
On Tue, 24 Nov 1998, Thomas G. Lockhart wrote:

> >     Right. Happens in pgsql/bin/psql and seems to be at psql.c.
> >     There are many rfl files in the repositories directory.
>
> Yes. The problem occurred when I was doing a commit toward the end of
> last week. I got a segfault from cvs when committing a change to psql.c
> (and another file which seems to have been committed OK).
>
> I posted a private message at the time to Marc and Bruce with the
> problem statement, and have not seen a response. I also didn't know if
> the problem would impact others trying to checkout. It apparently does
> :(
>
> I got a cvs core dump when trying to commit that file, even after
> blowing away the cvs lock files and retrying. Don't know what to try
> next, but had hoped that I would hear back from Marc. fwiw that file is
> very large compared to many of the other files...
>
>                      - Tom
>
> btw, would my cvsup'd cvs repository file be an appropriate substitute
> to help fix the server?
Already fixed...upgraded cvs to 1.10 on the server ...

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Re: [HACKERS] cvs problem

От
"Thomas G. Lockhart"
Дата:
The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Nov 1998, Thomas G. Lockhart wrote:
>
> Already fixed...upgraded cvs to 1.10 on the server ...

Do I need to do anything to get my psql patch committed? How about the
left-over lock files? Or does cvs think it is already in and everything
OK?
                     - Tom

Re: [HACKERS] cvs problem

От
"Thomas G. Lockhart"
Дата:
> Do I need to do anything to get my psql patch committed? How about the
> left-over lock files? Or does cvs think it is already in and
> everything OK?

I checked the cvs server, the locks were already cleaned up and I
re-committed my changes (successfully this time :) So things seem to be
back to normal. Thanks for the help scrappy...
                - Tom