Обсуждение: NT port

NT port

От
Peter T Mount
Дата:
Just a quick question. What is the current state of PostgreSQL on Windows
NT (yeuch).

I'm asking, because I'm pushing PostgreSQL here, and their eye's lit up as
soon as they heared that someone has got it running (even partially
helps).

Anyhow, I'm not too worried, as I'll have it running under Unix (Linux or
Solaris), but I need to convince them.

--
Peter Mount, IT Section
petermount@it.maidstone.gov.uk

Re: [HACKERS] NT port

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
On Tue, 1 Dec 1998, Peter T Mount wrote:

> Just a quick question. What is the current state of PostgreSQL on Windows
> NT (yeuch).
>
> I'm asking, because I'm pushing PostgreSQL here, and their eye's lit up as
> soon as they heared that someone has got it running (even partially
> helps).
To the best of my knowledge, the last report oabout it with NT was
that it compiled out of the box using the Cygwin development package...
If someone wants to build an NT binary package up of v6.4 to put
on the WWW/FTP server, I will be quite happy to do so...same goes for any
other platform, actually...just make sure you include a README.<platform>
file so that ppl have some sort of base instructions...

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Re: [HACKERS] NT port

От
Peter T Mount
Дата:
On Tue, 1 Dec 1998, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> On Tue, 1 Dec 1998, Peter T Mount wrote:
>
> > Just a quick question. What is the current state of PostgreSQL on Windows
> > NT (yeuch).
> >
> > I'm asking, because I'm pushing PostgreSQL here, and their eye's lit up as
> > soon as they heared that someone has got it running (even partially
> > helps).
>
>     To the best of my knowledge, the last report oabout it with NT was
> that it compiled out of the box using the Cygwin development package...
>
>     If someone wants to build an NT binary package up of v6.4 to put
> on the WWW/FTP server, I will be quite happy to do so...same goes for any
> other platform, actually...just make sure you include a README.<platform>
> file so that ppl have some sort of base instructions...

hmmm, I have cygwin at work, I'll have a crack at a binary today.

--       Peter T Mount peter@retep.org.uk     Main Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk
PostgreSQL JDBC Faq: http://www.retep.org.uk/postgresJava PDF Generator: http://www.retep.org.uk/pdf