Обсуждение: what are postgresql limits?

what are postgresql limits?

От
valter
Дата:
i've posted to general mailing list, but no clear answer, so i ask to
you. i hope this is right.

what are max db and table size under Linux x86 and Linux Alpha.

Are there other Limitations? If yes, what are.
I've a big project in my mind (may be 100 Gb of data) so i must know the
numbers

Thank you for your answer and good job!

valter mazzola, http://naturalismedicina.com/linswap,  The Linux & GPL
apps banner exchange program.

Re: [HACKERS] what are postgresql limits?

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
On Fri, 23 Apr 1999, valter wrote:

> i've posted to general mailing list, but no clear answer, so i ask to
> you. i hope this is right.
>
> what are max db and table size under Linux x86 and Linux Alpha.
>
> Are there other Limitations? If yes, what are.
> I've a big project in my mind (may be 100 Gb of data) so i must know the
> numbers
>
> Thank you for your answer and good job!
>
> valter mazzola, http://naturalismedicina.com/linswap,  The Linux & GPL
> apps banner exchange program.

There are no maximum sizes that we are currently aware of *except* for the
number of rows that can be in a database, which, I believe, is limited
athtis time to a 32bit int (oid) ...

Other then that, we had a bug in pre-v6.5 servers that due to the 2gig
limitation on files in some OSs, a problem did occur, but this bug is
fixed in v6.5 ...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Re: [HACKERS] what are postgresql limits?

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
> i've posted to general mailing list, but no clear answer, so i ask to
> you. i hope this is right.
>
> what are max db and table size under Linux x86 and Linux Alpha.
>
> Are there other Limitations? If yes, what are.
> I've a big project in my mind (may be 100 Gb of data) so i must know the
> numbers

No limits.

100GB is fine.  Use 6.5 beta for testing.  Some platforms had bugs in
2gig files, though I believe alpha was OK for that.

Pennsylvania19026

Re: [HACKERS] what are postgresql limits?

От
valter
Дата:
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > i've posted to general mailing list, but no clear answer, so i ask to
> > you. i hope this is right.
> >
> > what are max db and table size under Linux x86 and Linux Alpha.
> >
> > Are there other Limitations? If yes, what are.
> > I've a big project in my mind (may be 100 Gb of data) so i must know the
> > numbers
>
> No limits.

write this in the documentation , Unlimited is a good point!

> 100GB is fine.  Use 6.5 beta for testing.  Some platforms had bugs in
> 2gig files, though I believe alpha was OK for that.
>
> --
>   Bruce Momjian                        |  http://www.op.net/~candle
>   maillist@candle.pha.pa.us            |  (610) 853-3000

Re: [HACKERS] what are postgresql limits?

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > > i've posted to general mailing list, but no clear answer, so i ask to
> > > you. i hope this is right.
> > >
> > > what are max db and table size under Linux x86 and Linux Alpha.
> > >
> > > Are there other Limitations? If yes, what are.
> > > I've a big project in my mind (may be 100 Gb of data) so i must know the
> > > numbers
> >
> > No limits.
> >

> write this in the documentation , Unlimited is a good point!

I will write this in the FAQ.  This is a good point.

Pennsylvania19026