Обсуждение: web site addition

web site addition

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
Here is the overview:
  I have not seen good program for converting postgres table into DBF file,  and reverse. That is why I wrote this
pg2xbaseutility. This is my first  program written in C++, then there could be some lacks.

> On Mon, 10 May 1999, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>

> > Is this address on our web site.  It should be.
>
> If I had an inkling as to what it is/does ...
>
> Vince.

> > > http://w3.man.torun.pl/~makler/prog/pg2xbase.html
> > > this address is worth of checking - as I see - there are here utilities
> > > for convertion from and to postgres.
> > >     Hope this helps
> > >     Rem
> > > -------------------------------------------------------------------*------------
> > > Remigiusz Sokolowski      e-mail: rems@gdansk.sprint.pl           * *
> > > -----------------------------------------------------------------*****----------

Pennsylvania19026

RE: [HACKERS] web site addition

От
Dmitry Samersoff
Дата:
On 11-May-99 Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Here is the overview:
>
>    I have not seen good program for converting postgres table into DBF file,
>    and reverse. That is why I wrote this pg2xbase utility. This is my first
>    program written in C++, then there could be some lacks.

The main problem of such conversion is numerouse DBF format versions.
It different mainly in memo fields and floating numbers.

Sample conversion can easy be done by PHP or PERL, for advanced one
it's better to use ODBC under MS Win.

---
Dmitry Samersoff, dms@wplus.net, ICQ:3161705
http://devnull.wplus.net
* there will come soft rains ...

RE: [HACKERS] web site addition

От
Vince Vielhaber
Дата:
On 11-May-99 Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Here is the overview:
>
>    I have not seen good program for converting postgres table into DBF file,
>    and reverse. That is why I wrote this pg2xbase utility. This is my first
>    program written in C++, then there could be some lacks.

Hmmmm.  I'm wondering.  How many others here have written little utilities
to perform other one time or occasional tasks?  We can put them all on one
web page.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH   email: vev@michvhf.com   flame-mail: /dev/null      # include <std/disclaimers.h>
       TEAM-OS2       Online Campground Directory    http://www.camping-usa.com      Online Giftshop Superstore
http://www.cloudninegifts.com

RE: [HACKERS] web site addition

От
Dmitry Samersoff
Дата:
On 11-May-99 Vince Vielhaber wrote:

> On 11-May-99 Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> Here is the overview:
>>
>>    I have not seen good program for converting postgres table into DBF file,
>>    and reverse. That is why I wrote this pg2xbase utility. This is my first
>>    program written in C++, then there could be some lacks.
>
> Hmmmm.  I'm wondering.  How many others here have written little utilities
> to perform other one time or occasional tasks?  We can put them all on one
> web page.

This is too tiny utilities to make life easy ;-))

PS:
  I was completlly off-road due setting up our voice->ip gateway
Are new web site is going on?

---
Dmitry Samersoff, dms@wplus.net, ICQ:3161705
http://devnull.wplus.net