Обсуждение: SET QUERY_LIMIT bug report

SET QUERY_LIMIT bug report

От
José Soares
Дата:
I see there's still the command:

SET QUERY_LIMIT  (even in the docs)
but it doesn't work.
prova=> select * from test limit 1;num|flt8
----+----
1.00|   1
(1 row)

prova=>
prova=> set query_limit = '1';
SET VARIABLE
prova=> select * from test; num| flt8
-----+-----1.00|    12.34|2.343
-3.00|   -3
(3 rows)

prova=> show query_limit;
NOTICE:  query limit is 1
SHOW VARIABLE

PostgreSQL 6.5.0 on i586-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc 2.7.2.3
Jose'

Re: [HACKERS] SET QUERY_LIMIT bug report

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
> I see there's still the command:
>
> SET QUERY_LIMIT  (even in the docs)
> but it doesn't work.
> prova=> select * from test limit 1;
>  num|flt8
> ----+----
> 1.00|   1
> (1 row)

Yep, broken:test=> set query_limit = '1';SET VARIABLEtest=> select * from pg_language;lanname
|lanispl|lanpltrusted|lanplcallfoid|lancompiler  --------+-------+------------+-------------+--------------internal|f
  |f           |            0|n/a           lisp    |f      |f           |            0|/usr/ucb/lisztC       |f
|f          |            0|/bin/cc       sql     |f      |f           |            0|postgres

Pennsylvania19026

Re: [HACKERS] SET QUERY_LIMIT bug report

Дата:
I had the idea we were going to remove QUERY_LIMIT now that we have
the LIMIT clause?  There were good arguments advanced that QUERY_LIMIT
is actually dangerous, since it could (for example) prevent trigger
rules from operating as intended.
        regards, tom lane

Re: [HACKERS] SET QUERY_LIMIT bug report

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
> I had the idea we were going to remove QUERY_LIMIT now that we have
> the LIMIT clause?  There were good arguments advanced that QUERY_LIMIT
> is actually dangerous, since it could (for example) prevent trigger
> rules from operating as intended.
>
>             regards, tom lane

OK.  Easily removed, especially since it doesn't work.

Pennsylvania19026

Re: [HACKERS] SET QUERY_LIMIT bug report

От
Tatsuo Ishii
Дата:
>I had the idea we were going to remove QUERY_LIMIT now that we have
>the LIMIT clause?  There were good arguments advanced that QUERY_LIMIT
>is actually dangerous, since it could (for example) prevent trigger
>rules from operating as intended.

Yes. We should remove set query_limit before 6.5.1...
--
Tatsuo Ishii

Re: [HACKERS] SET QUERY_LIMIT bug report

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
> >I had the idea we were going to remove QUERY_LIMIT now that we have
> >the LIMIT clause?  There were good arguments advanced that QUERY_LIMIT
> >is actually dangerous, since it could (for example) prevent trigger
> >rules from operating as intended.
>
> Yes. We should remove set query_limit before 6.5.1...
> --
> Tatsuo Ishii

Agreed.

Pennsylvania19026

Re: [HACKERS] SET QUERY_LIMIT bug report

От
José Soares
Дата:
Bruce Momjian ha scritto:

> > I had the idea we were going to remove QUERY_LIMIT now that we have
> > the LIMIT clause?  There were good arguments advanced that QUERY_LIMIT
> > is actually dangerous, since it could (for example) prevent trigger
> > rules from operating as intended.
> >
> >                       regards, tom lane
> >

> OK.  Easily removed, especially since it doesn't work.

We need to remove it even from docs.
(psql help, user guide and man pages)

Jose'

Re: [HACKERS] SET QUERY_LIMIT bug report

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
> Bruce Momjian ha scritto:
>
> > > I had the idea we were going to remove QUERY_LIMIT now that we have
> > > the LIMIT clause?  There were good arguments advanced that QUERY_LIMIT
> > > is actually dangerous, since it could (for example) prevent trigger
> > > rules from operating as intended.
> > >
> > >                       regards, tom lane
> > >

> > OK.  Easily removed, especially since it doesn't work.
> >

> We need to remove it even from docs.
> (psql help, user guide and man pages)

Yes, that will be done too.

Pennsylvania19026