Обсуждение: CREATE VERSION

CREATE VERSION

От
Thomas Lockhart
Дата:
In merging the man pages, I find that CREATE VERSION is marked as not
working in the current release. Did we lose that capability when we
lost time travel, or is that something separate? If it is not related
to time travel, why doesn't it work currently?

If this is to complicated to answer quickly, then perhaps a quick
yes/no on whether I should retain docs on CREATE VERSION would be
easier...
                   - Thomas

South Pasadena, California

Re: [HACKERS] CREATE VERSION

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
> In merging the man pages, I find that CREATE VERSION is marked as not
> working in the current release. Did we lose that capability when we
> lost time travel, or is that something separate? If it is not related
> to time travel, why doesn't it work currently?
>
> If this is to complicated to answer quickly, then perhaps a quick
> yes/no on whether I should retain docs on CREATE VERSION would be
> easier...

Chuck it.  It is not useful, I think, and does not work.  I never did
figure out what it was supposed to do.
Pennsylvania19026

Re: [HACKERS] CREATE VERSION

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
On Tue, 20 Jul 1999, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > In merging the man pages, I find that CREATE VERSION is marked as not
> > working in the current release. Did we lose that capability when we
> > lost time travel, or is that something separate? If it is not related
> > to time travel, why doesn't it work currently?
> >
> > If this is to complicated to answer quickly, then perhaps a quick
> > yes/no on whether I should retain docs on CREATE VERSION would be
> > easier...
>
> Chuck it.  It is not useful, I think, and does not work.  I never did
> figure out what it was supposed to do.

I was going to ask, but figured it was one of those "RTFM" types of things
and I was just too lazy to check the manual for that one :)

Gladit wasn't just me :)

Systems Administrator @ hub.org