Обсуждение: ShmemCreate: cannot create reg

ShmemCreate: cannot create reg

От
"Adam Walczykiewicz"
Дата:
This message was sent from Geocrawler.com by "Adam Walczykiewicz" <adam.walczykiewicz@multiuser.com.pl>
Be sure to reply to that address.

Hello!
I've tried to compile PostgreSQL v.6.5.2. for SCO
OpenServer 5.0.5.
I used directly instructions from documentation.
Compilation ended with
'All of PostgreSQL is successfully made.Ready to install.'
But when I tried to start PostgreSQL server I've
got
a message :
'IpcMemoryCreate: shmget failed
(Invalid argument) key=5432001, size=1063936,permission=600
FATAL 1:
ShmemCreate: cannot create region
'
In compilation log I saw pattern:
'c++ -I../../backend -I../../include -
I../../interfaces/libpq -I../../include -
I../../backend    -dy   -c pgconnection.cc -o
pgconnection.o
Starting parse
Entering state 0
Reading a token: Next token is 332
(EXTERN_LANG_STRING)
Reducing via rule 3 (line 314),  -> @1
state stack now 0
Entering state 2
Reducing via rule 12 (line 340),  -> @2
state stack now 0 2
Entering state 4
Next token is 332 (EXTERN_LANG_STRING)
Shifting token 332 (EXTERN_LANG_STRING), Entering
state 34
Reducing via rule 36 (line 400),
EXTERN_LANG_STRING  -> extern_lang_string
state stack now 0 2 4
Entering state 38..."
and so on.
(...)
Entering state 1
Reading a token: Now at end of input.
Reducing via rule 2 (line 300), extdefs  ->
program
state stack now 0
Entering state 1397
Now at end of input.
Shifting token 0 ($), Entering state 1398
Now at end of input.
All of PostgreSQL is successfully made. Ready to
install.'
Thanks for any help
Regards, Adam Walczykiewicz
(adam.walczykiewicz@multiuser.com.pl)

Geocrawler.com - The Knowledge Archive

Re: [HACKERS] ShmemCreate: cannot create reg

Дата:
"Adam Walczykiewicz" <archiver@db.geocrawler.com> writes:
> 'IpcMemoryCreate: shmget failed
> (Invalid argument) key=5432001, size=1063936,
>  permission=600
> FATAL 1:
> ShmemCreate: cannot create region

You're probably running into the kernel limit on the maximum size
of a shared memory region.  To get started, try giving -N and -B
switches smaller than the default values (-N 8 -B 32 should work
unless your kernel SHMEMMAX setting is real small).

In the long run you'll probably want to increase your SHMEMMAX
setting so that you can run with more buffers, but I don't know
where to set that on SCO.
        regards, tom lane