Обсуждение: sanity of using -current?

sanity of using -current?

От
Alex Pilosov
Дата:
I need some of features (union in views, in particular) which are only
available in 7.1-current. How insane would be to try it on production
server? Are there known bugs that could cause loss of data or loss of
updates? Or just newer features aren't polished yet?

Also, where is cvs repository? Is there a CVSup access to it?

-alex

Re: sanity of using -current?

Дата:
Alex Pilosov <alex@pilosoft.com> writes:
> I need some of features (union in views, in particular) which are only
> available in 7.1-current. How insane would be to try it on production
> server? Are there known bugs that could cause loss of data or loss of
> updates? Or just newer features aren't polished yet?

On a production server?  I wouldn't trust it with mission-critical data,
for sure.  But that's more an issue of inadequate testing than that
there are known bugs.

If you try this, be sure to make frequent backups ...

> Also, where is cvs repository? Is there a CVSup access to it?

See http://www.postgresql.org/devel-corner/docs/postgres/cvs.htm
        regards, tom lane