Обсуждение: Regression test drivers

Regression test drivers

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Is it okay now to disable the old regression test drivers and make use of
the new one throughout?  It would be advantageous if we all ran the same
thing in beta.

Re: Regression test drivers

Дата:
> Is it okay now to disable the old regression test drivers and make use of
> the new one throughout?

Sure.  Just point 'make runtest' at the new script ...

I do have one gripe about the new script: it suppresses error messages
from the DROP DATABASE step.  This is fine when the suppressed message
is "no such database", not fine when it is something else --- like, say,
"can't drop DB because it has active users".
        regards, tom lane

Re: Regression test drivers

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Peter Eisentraut writes:

> Is it okay now to disable the old regression test drivers and make use of
> the new one throughout?

Done.

I'm also going to remove src/test/suite (an outdated predecessor of the
current test suite).  Take a quick look at this piece of PostgreSQL
history before it's gone. :)