Обсуждение: Mysterious 7.0.3 error

Mysterious 7.0.3 error

От
Camm Maguire
Дата:
Greetings!  We have a script updating our database with thousands of
entries on a daily basis.  To speed up processing, we drop a
consistency check trigger before the update and recreate it
afterwards.  Occasionally, we get the following, even though the
database has no other live connections, and the trigger drop is the
first statement:

drop trigger rprices_insupdel on rprices;
DROP
ERROR:  RelationClearRelation: relation 160298 modified while in use

Any pointers most appreciated!

--
Camm Maguire                             camm@enhanced.com

Re: Mysterious 7.0.3 error

Дата:
Camm Maguire <camm@enhanced.com> writes:
> Greetings!  We have a script updating our database with thousands of
> entries on a daily basis.  To speed up processing, we drop a
> consistency check trigger before the update and recreate it
> afterwards.  Occasionally, we get the following, even though the
> database has no other live connections, and the trigger drop is the
> first statement:

> drop trigger rprices_insupdel on rprices;
> DROP
> ERROR:  RelationClearRelation: relation 160298 modified while in use

Are you doing other schema changes (like other instances of this script)
in parallel?  Or vacuums of system tables?  Those are the cases I recall
that might trigger this problem.

> Any pointers most appreciated!

Live with it until 7.1 :-(.
        regards, tom lane

Re: Mysterious 7.0.3 error

От
Camm Maguire
Дата:
Greetings, and thanks for your reply!

Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

> Camm Maguire <camm@enhanced.com> writes:
> > Greetings!  We have a script updating our database with thousands of
> > entries on a daily basis.  To speed up processing, we drop a
> > consistency check trigger before the update and recreate it
> > afterwards.  Occasionally, we get the following, even though the
> > database has no other live connections, and the trigger drop is the
> > first statement:
>
> > drop trigger rprices_insupdel on rprices;
> > DROP
> > ERROR:  RelationClearRelation: relation 160298 modified while in use
>
> Are you doing other schema changes (like other instances of this script)
> in parallel?  Or vacuums of system tables?  Those are the cases I recall
> that might trigger this problem.

No, just one job, this job, at a time.

> > Any pointers most appreciated!
>
> Live with it until 7.1 :-(.