Обсуждение: Do you plan an RPM release of beta 6

Do you plan an RPM release of beta 6

От
Jean-Michel POURE
Дата:
Hello all,

Just to ask you if someone is planning to release beta 6 RPMs.
I am running Redhat 7.0 test servers and the compiler is broken.

Regards from Jean-Michel POURE, Paris

Re: Do you plan an RPM release of beta 6

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Jean-Michel POURE writes:

> Just to ask you if someone is planning to release beta 6 RPMs.
> I am running Redhat 7.0 test servers and the compiler is broken.

The "gcc 2.96" compiler on Red Hat 7.0 works for PostgreSQL.  (And surely
an RPM would have to be compiled by the same compiler.)  Later versions of
GCC (2.97, 3.0_branch, 3.1/HEAD) have all failed the regression tests for
me in the past unless all optimization is turned off.  But those aren't
released yet anyway.

Re: Do you plan an RPM release of beta 6

От
teg@redhat.com (Trond Eivind Glomsrød)
Дата:
Jean-Michel POURE <jm.poure@freesurf.fr> writes:

> Just to ask you if someone is planning to release beta 6 RPMs.
> I am running Redhat 7.0 test servers and the compiler is broken.

The compiler is not broken. If you find some bugs, please submit them
and we'll fix them.

--
Trond Eivind Glomsrød
Red Hat, Inc.

Re: Do you plan an RPM release of beta 6

От
Lamar Owen
Дата:
Jean-Michel POURE wrote:
> Just to ask you if someone is planning to release beta 6 RPMs.
> I am running Redhat 7.0 test servers and the compiler is broken.

Yes. Announcement soon -- hopefully, it will snow knee-deep here
tonight, giving me the day off tomorrow to build a new set at home.
Been far too busy for my own good here at work in the last three weeks
to touch RPM stuff.

This set will be built on both RH 7 and RH 6.2, if I can swing it.  More
to follow.  Pray for snow in Western North Carolina :-).
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio